i cant seem to drop pounds!

Options
I am getting irritaded I eat healthy and reach my calorie goal of 1200 cals per day, i watch my sodium and other aspects of my diet as well and I go to the gym 4-5days a week for an hour. I am sore from working out and feel stonger but i dont see weight loss everyweek. I havent gained any which is good but it seems to just stay the same and i cant possibly understand why? I drastically changed my diet and excercize regimen and i feel like nothing works. I know its only been a few weeks but still? Im getting frustrated. What can I do to up my weight loss?

Replies

• Susan57
    Susan57 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    sound like u r doing everything right and when that happened to me i had a big loss. you don't look very big from ur pic. it may take you a little more time. u will do it!:drinker:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Your body is adjusting. Give it time and ignore the immediate gratification feelings.

If you work out...the fat will go (this sounds much better with James Earl Jone's voice).
  • ljrader
    Options
    if you are working out a lot your body composition is likely changing. Have you noticed your clothing fitter better or your body feeling firmer? get out your skinny jeans and give them a try. You might be surprised,
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    You don't want to lose weight you want to lose fat. Stop worrying about he scale and start measuring yourself instead. Measure weekly weight monthly.
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements....you may be losing inches without weight. I know ive lost inches but the scale hasnt really moved much in the last few weeks. It takes time for your body to adjust.....hang in there....the weight will start dropping soon...its a life style change not a diet so it is something you will be doing for the rest of your life. You can do it....:drinker: :wink:
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    You should measure too.

I know you probably don't want to at first....I didn't but then I did and realized I lost almost 3" off each leg and almost 2" off my hips!
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I suppose i will invest in a tape measure and start measuring inches
  • kf1115
    kf1115 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have lost 24 pounds this year, just started MFP last week to help with motivation. It's really hard to stay motivated when you keep increasing your exercise, lowering your calories and lose only 2 pounds a month. But I realize now that pounds should be the last way you measure your success. I can now run 5 miles without stopping, I couldn't run 50 yards last year at this time, I feel so much stronger and healthier, even though I'm technically 60 pounds over my ideal weight. It will take time, slow weight loss is more permanent, since it reflects lifestyle changes. Ok, so, that was a pep talk more for myself than anyone else, but please feel free to use it if you need! ;)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Buy a pair of jeans that are a little too small. When you fit in them, you know you made progress.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? 1200 cals isn't a lot, especially if you are working out that much.
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Take measurements also. Remember, its not all about the scale. I've watched people with not much to lose drop 2 clothes sizes with losing just a few pounds but loads of inches.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? 1200 cals isn't a lot, especially if you are working out that much.

This^^

Make sure you are fueling your body adequately. When you do, the hormones that trigger fat loss will be released and your body will give up the fat stores. It's not about how little you eat, it's about eating just enough, but not too much.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    What is your height?

Try uping your calorie intake 100-200 more.

Also,measure yourself. I lost inches before I saw the scale move. How often do you weigh yourself?
  • cmsdives
    Options
    Take your measurements....you may be losing inches without weight. I know ive lost inches but the scale hasnt really moved much in the last few weeks. It takes time for your body to adjust.....hang in there....the weight will start dropping soon...its a life style change not a diet so it is something you will be doing for the rest of your life. You can do it....:drinker: :wink:

She's right about the lifestyle change...and also that you can do it! :bigsmile: I know that for me this is my umpteenth time trying to take the weight of; but this time, with the help of my MFP friends, I intend to truly make it a lifestyle change and KEEP it that way. If you haven't already taken your measurements, do that and then check them in a couple weeks...I'd lay money that you'll see a difference! Hang in there and try not to give up. Remember that all your friends here at MFP (including me if you'd like to friend me) are supporting you, pulling for you, struggling with you and, ultimately, succeeding with you.