Sedentary weight loss question

Options
For those who are sedentary how many calories are you consuming and still losing weight? I can do a bit of exercise but not much because of chronic pain issues. MFP has me set at 1200 calories.

Replies

• jigglyone
    jigglyone Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    hi! i was on 1200 calories but noticed it was too low so i upped it to 1300 and i have been losing just fine :) in 3 months by just counting calories ive managed to lose 20 pounds :) good luck!
  • liv2full
    liv2full Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been on 1200 for a few weeks and have lost some weight. It seems to be working so far. I sure hope it continues! I've barely been moving because I've been pretty sick the whole time. I just know I'm losing muscle. Sigh.
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1400 at 5'7"

and then I just eat back exercise calories because I'm not really that active OTHER than my hours at the gym which I track differently.
  • SeriousBen
    SeriousBen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Depends on your weight/height. When I started I was allowed 1550 calories or so, now I'm at 1280 (always been on a 2lbs a week diet). Even at 1280 calories a day, I'm rarely hungry. Cooking your own meals is the answer....low calorie recipes are your friends.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I set it to lose 1 pound a week and am at 1410 calories right now. I have lost weight every single week ranging from 0.4 pounds to 2 pounds over the last 5 months. Of course the calorie calculation is based on height and weight, I am 5 ' 6" and current weight is 193. I confess that I pretty much don't exercise at all and I have a desk job.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I don't do a bit of exercise, don't have time for it, don't like it. I still lose weight. My food diary is open, you can see the kind of stuff I eat. I stay between 1200 and 1350 most days. Stats: 44 years old, 5'8", SW: 152.5lbs, CW: 137.5lbs, GW: 135lbs. It's all about that magic number, your calorie deficit. Get that number right, and you'll lose weight. I recommend starting low, and then increasing if you lose weight too quickly. If you find you don't lose weight, your number is too high (or you're not counting accurately enough). The shorter you are, the older you are, and the more female you are, the fewer calories you need to maintain your weight, so make sure you take all of those variables into account when you set your limits.