Friend selling Plexus facebook post .. just shaking my head

Options
"I haven't been able to wear my shirt tucked in in YEARS but I have twice this week! Have I told you about PLEXUS?"

"Not working out at all... Not dieting.... I just don't eat very much. This curbs your appetite and I have to make myself eat. No shakes ... No jitters... Yesterday I called it gastric bypass jn a bottle! Lol"

<<sigh>> just doesn't seem very healthy

and then there are all the friends selling "VI". At least most of them are using it as a meal supplement and exercising.

and don't forget all the BeachBody coaches - again, most of them are working out and promoting a healthy meal plan (just supplemented with the wonderful shakes).

I don't have anything against the shakes as long as you are getting all your nutrients still and exercising, they are just expensive. But the "it just makes me not want to eat" got me.

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Yeah I hear ya. I have a facebook friend selling some kind of body wrap that makes you get a flat stomach. It's ridiculous, and I feel bad for the people who actually buy them from her thinking it will work.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    People are too eager for the quick fix magic potion trick. So few want to really make lasting changes to their dietary lifestyles and make the effort to be more active. I used to be one of those people. It took years of failed yoyo dieting and learning the hard way that permanent changes in my body come from permanent commitments to a healthier lifestyle.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I have a few friends selling the body wraps. Yeah I could wrap my midsection with seran wrap for an hour & see a difference like that too. I've done the diet pills & shakes & really none of that works (was still super hungry & gaining weight!).

There's no quick fix, just hard work, dedication, & patience. All I do is eat at a deficit & exercise about 30mins 5X week & have had fantastic results with minimal effort.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    those IT Works wraps don't work they are a waste of money.. Ace pills work for some but then once you stop taking them your right back to where you started... Wtih the Beachbody coaches... I have been one then I didn't have the time to do it... They are not all about making money selling stuff... some of them are like me and just really want to help people out with them either using a beachbody product or their own... but as other posters have said there is no quick fix to losing weight and getting healthy...
  • JimHM
    JimHM Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yeah, It’s the "microwave mentality" that has taken over, that’s why so many people struggle these day. I’m a strong believer that fitness and weight loss is a lifestyle choice, not a fad diet and you can’t get a bottle of magic pills to fix it.

I’m trying to promote my own self-help products but I know for a fact that I won’t do as well as most "Quick fix" waste of money supplements out there, I am living in hope that the tables will turn soon though.
    ............... Might be a long wait :-)
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Microwave mentality. I like that. Makes me long for a simpler time, before microwaves. As long as I can keep my Keurig, LOL

But ya, you know, it really does all boil down to the popularity of the microwave. About the same time those were in just about every household is when our nation started becoming a bunch of tubbies. Makes me sad, really. I'll flip through old photo albums, like one my dad had from some event he had at work back in the 70's. Hundreds of people in those photos, not a single one of them overweight.
  • sjkcwatson
    sjkcwatson Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know most of my friends selling stuff are sincerely trying to get healthier and promote other people to be healthier too - that I like. It's the "eat whatever you want, don't change a thing about your lifestyle, but take this pill and you just won't want to eat anything" that bothers me. How can that possibly be good for you. You don't eat anything or you eat nothing but junk- one may cause you to loose weight and the other gain - but neither gives you the nutrional value you need. If a shake gives you a low calorie snack or sub for a meal and you are still getting all the good stuff and eating enough calories and hopefully getting some exercise because your body needs it for health - then that's great. It just isn't that hard. Watch your calories, eat mostly good stuff, have a few treats, exercise to make yourself feel better and to give yourself a few more calories for eating, and the weight will come off slowly. And it doesn't cost you $40-$100 a month.
  • JimHM
    JimHM Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nailed it. It all boils down to self education when it comes to fat loss and keeping it simple, once you have the basics, you can build from there. I think it also helps not to get sucked into the constant fads and "Revolutionary new diets" that are in everyones face these days.
    Keep it simple and keep on truckin! :-)
  • AnthonyKolka
    AnthonyKolka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I find this is true, everyone wants the no effort magic pill. A lot of people seem visibly disappointed when they ask me how I lost my weight and I tell them "Diet and exercise, the only way that works".
  • NuWaveFitness
    NuWaveFitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    biggest thing i notice is most of the plexus ambassadors are overweight borderline obesity bmi if it works so well wouldnt they be losing weight faster :o
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options

and don't forget all the BeachBody coaches - again, most of them are working out and promoting a healthy meal plan (just supplemented with the wonderful shakes).

I'm a BB coach, and I know their products work. Do your homework, when you get approached by someone. Are they just trying to sell you something or do they care about you? Most likely you are just a dollar sign.

Does their product, say eat what you like, and drink this, or take that? I would avoid that sort of thing.

Good nutrition and exercise are what works. I chose BB because I didn't like the gym and BB works for me. Figure out what works for you. Always do your homework, because spending money on something on someones word, may not get you what you want.
  • ksparrows
    ksparrows Posts: 15
    Options
    Yeah I hear ya. I have a facebook friend selling some kind of body wrap that makes you get a flat stomach. It's ridiculous, and I feel bad for the people who actually buy them from her thinking it will work.

I have a friend that is doing this too. I had to hide her posts. lol