NSV - saw myself on video :-)

Options
So I had a scale victory this week with finally reaching 50lbs lost, but the best thing was when I saw myself on video footage this weekend - now I definitely did not look slim - I'm still big - but the amazing thing was that I looked pretty much how I thought I looked! No horrible surprise of 'jesus! am I really *that* big!' or suddenly seeing outlying areas of my body that I had no idea stuck out that far!

I've always been one of those who does not *feel* their weight and photos and films always used to come as a terrible shock so it's nice to know my self-image and actual size are matching up a bit more ;-)

Replies

• pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    That's a huge victory....congratulations to you :)
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Well done on your NSV and SV you should be so proud, great achievement.
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Super results. Congrats. And doesn't it feel good to actually see yourself the way others see you? Terrific!
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OMG! i am totally the same way! I used to see myself in pics and was horrified! After a while the excuse "wrong camera angle" and "i just don't photograph well" don't cut it any more. I'm down 45lbs and am FINALLY seeing myself the way I thought i looked. Those stupid 45 lbs were almost like a bad dream... if only i could find and erase any evidence of them :)
    I remember the first time i 'recognized' myself... like i saw myself in the mirror and wasn't disappointed. I teared up. Such a great feeling.

Anyway- congrats on your NSV! You should be so proud of yourself! Keep up the good work :)
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What an amazing feeling. I know what you mean, I'm only halfway to goal but walked passed a big mirror in a department store the other day and thought, mmmmmm not bad.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    So I had a scale victory this week with finally reaching 50lbs lost, but the best thing was when I saw myself on video footage this weekend - now I definitely did not look slim - I'm still big - but the amazing thing was that I looked pretty much how I thought I looked! No horrible surprise of 'jesus! am I really *that* big!' or suddenly seeing outlying areas of my body that I had no idea stuck out that far!

I've always been one of those who does not *feel* their weight and photos and films always used to come as a terrible shock so it's nice to know my self-image and actual size are matching up a bit more ;-)

I seriously could have written this!! AWESOME!!

Yep, for me looking like I feel like I look is a major "goal", even if it might still be chubby and have some lumpy bits as long as it doesn't horrify me I'm happy!!
  • lauraedu
    lauraedu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I never felt my weight either! LOL! It was always a shock to see myself in pics or videos. You look great:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!