FitBit VS PolarFT4

whats everyone's preference? I'm not too sure which one to invest in... I'm looking to have something give me calories burned doing activities for purposes of weight loss. Are there any major differences, or special about one vs the other?

I'm a virgin HRM-er this will be my first one :drinker:

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    HRM's are only good for steady state cardio exercise. Running, cycling, very brisk walking, aerobics. A Fitbit is really a fancy pedometer. It uses your daily steps to come up with an idea of what you may have burned during a 24 hour period.

They're 2 different devices with different uses. You have to decide which thing appeals to you more or if you're like me, you buy both because I love gadgets.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Lots of people use both. Other alternative is Bodymedia fit which you can use for all day activity AND exercise.
  • da1roo
    da1roo Posts: 17 Member
    It would just depend on what you really want to do. I use a PolarFT because when I work out, I do High intensity interval Training. I want to see where my heart rate is at all time so i can let it crash and then spike it again.. its good for intense calorie burn. In addition, if you are visual like me, when i see that my heart rate is still low, I push harder because I know my heart is fine
  • cmb67
    cmb67 Posts: 46 Member
    I am glad you asked this question, and I have another to add: which of the Fitbit/Jawbone-type monitors do people like better, and why?
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    I have the bodymedia and the FT40. I use the bodymedia day and night and put on my hrm for exercise to compare the two calorie burns. Love both of them.