Should I get a tummy tuck?

Options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBt-y7zYEQw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUTE7nfB_ZdXoa3LnKRmmd4g

This is a Youtube video of me showing the loose skin on my stomach. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. Everyone else thinks I am too. But I wanted some more opinions. Thanks guys :)

Replies

• DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I can't say whether you should or shouldn't.. but if it will make you more comfortable and you have means without going into debt I don't see the problem. However, just make sure you're completely done with your weightloss before you attempt it, otherwise you'll be unhappy again when it's all off.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I think some good planks and other abs exercises and you will look phenomenal. You have just finished losing, your body is still recomposing. Give it some time.

The longer I've maintained, the thinner I've gotten, even though I haven't exercised hard and I haven't changed my weight.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBt-y7zYEQw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUTE7nfB_ZdXoa3LnKRmmd4g

This is a Youtube video of me showing the loose skin on my stomach. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. Everyone else thinks I am too. But I wanted some more opinions. Thanks guys :)

If you have lose skin on your stomach IT WILL eventually repair itself alot of the way on its own, there are threads on this, dont go to extremes, give your body a chance.

For now lift heavy & eat well, give yourself time.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    honest opinion...

you need a shrink not a surgeon - fact
  • chrtyanderson
    Options
    Wait,
    I had twins and my belly looked like a zebra striped accordion after they were born and it took over a year for my skin to go back a resemblance to what it was. Not perfect but you may be surprised with time an exercise how much it improved. How long has it been since you lost the weight? Also there are laser skin tightening treatments and wraps you could do before considering a very invasive tummy tuck. I say wait and look at other options.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    It's the tiniest bit of loose skin I think you should try other things before you went for something as drastic as surgery. You look really normal and not like someone where you think "omg so much loose skin". I know for me the smallest things seems really big so I totally get what you mean. But I think you look great.
  • cjhex
    cjhex Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You don't need a tummy tuck, you need a little bit of exercise based around the stomach like others have recommended. That is a small amount of excess skin and I would think time will improve it's look. You're young enough that your body will do a lot of the work for you. You're looking good, it's your own perception of how you look that is making you think you need surgery.

You've done the hard work, 40lb in three months is good going, now spend three months doing moderate exercise to work on that area. If you don't see a dramatic difference, then think about it some more. You don't even have to attend a gym, at the worst, you'll notice a difference with 20 sit-ups a day in your bedroom.
    Take some time, don't rush, see what difference you can make first.

Good luck.
  • AnthonyKolka
    AnthonyKolka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You don't have very much loose skin, give it some time. I personally have ridiculous amounts of loose skin. My inner thighs look like meat curtains. :(
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I see you are 23, unlike me you have youth on your side. I think it is the case, if you were to undergo surgery, you will need a general anaesthetic. Do you know there can be problems associated with a general, they do not happen often which is good: I am much older than yourself and would keep the possibility for problems "in hand" for an unidentified op later which is unavoidable. It can happen.

All the very best,
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

If you have lose skin on your stomach IT WILL eventually repair itself alot of the way on its own, there are threads on this, dont go to extremes, give your body a chance.

For now lift heavy & eat well, give yourself time.
    heres your answer
  • spiritledyoga
    Options
    Two words..........CORE WORK. I am a wellness coach and a yoga instructor. Message me if you'd like me to send you some exercises you can try to do. Keep moving forward!
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I went and looked at your video. You do not need a tummy tuck and should not even consider it. With your age and weight your skin will tighten up with exercise. Save yourself a ton of money and pain and work out your abs. Tummy tucks are for people who's skin sags so far down it covers their private parts. This is not even close to being bad enough for one.

Tummy tucks leave horrible scars which are much worse than your tummy. It is very painful and for the first few weeks drains are installed along the incision line. I doubt very seriously if you could even find a plastic surgeon who would do this procedure on you.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    no dude. you're 23. start working out. do strength training, get a few HIIT sessions in, maybe some longer cardio sessions, get your diet under control, and you'll be rocking a six pack by this july.

summer bodies are made in the winter.
  • healthlagom
    Options
    I think it'll be fine tbh (I wouldn't have it done if I were u). u r young and it'll go probably... but it's ur body. do what u want and what u r comfortable with.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    no dude. you're 23. start working out. do strength training, get a few HIIT sessions in, maybe some longer cardio sessions, get your diet under control, and you'll be rocking a six pack by this july.

summer bodies are made in the winter.

This^^^

I've had 3 kids and stretched my stomach to it's limits and I don't have awesome elasticity like some do. My stomach is flat and very toned, no hanging skin. I worked for it. That's all it will take, time and effort and you'll be there.

I have a coworker that had a tummy tuck, she thought she had saggy skin too. Her scar is far worse than what she had originally. Don't make surgery an option.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You have to give yourself at least 2 years to let your skin adapt.

Be patient
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's not much at all. Give it time and it should gradually get less and less as time goes on. Hit the weights and it'll probably go even quicker tbh. You're young and the skin's ability to adjust is really quite remarkable.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No you don't require one. Spend the money on a round the world trip instead.
  • marko320
    marko320 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You don't have very much loose skin, give it some time. I personally have ridiculous amounts of loose skin. My inner thighs look like meat curtains. :(

Meat curtains, FTW!