info. plz.

Options
:drinker: can someone look @ my eating and tell me what i need to do to improve. i am having knee replacement and have fairly good leg muscles b/c i walked 12 hours a day. i have been off work almost a year and was biking, but not now. dr. said i must be doing sometime to keep my muscles up. what i want to know is what is starvation mode and how long do you need to be in it to damage or lose muscle. i also want to lose another 18lbs. and i will have 35 less lbs to put on in after surgery. any ideas? :heart:

Replies

• gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is when you eat to few calories for a while and your body holds on to the fat because it thinks your body needs it for fuel. I have read that if you keep your body in starvation mode to long it will be that much harder to lose the next time. It slows your metabolism. I looked at your diet and it only shows one and a part of a day. The one day you ate way to little. 1200 calories is the minimum you should eat. You meals don't look to bad. I would say you probably need to eat a real breakfast to give your body fuel for the day. I also know in my case bread hurts my weight loss. Spagetti also isn't a good fuel food. Maybe try eating oatmeal with fruit in the morning. Make sure you eat enough. I would also say don't add bad calories to make up those calories. Like don't eat cookies to bring up your calories. Not that you eat cookies. :) Eat plenty of protein, veggies and exercise. Don't worry about getting everything perfect. Just make sure you keep the sodium and fat in check. You can do it. good Luck!
  • Susan57
    Susan57 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks! 4 the info.:flowerforyou: