workout videos

Options
Does anyone know how to estimate calories burned for specific workout videos? I cannot find these in the database. Maybe I'm not searching for them with the right terms.

Replies

• rbienvenu
    Options
    I think calories burned is really hard to measure because it depends on your own intensity when doing any exercise. Someone can sit on an exercise bike and be reading a magazine hardly breaking a sweat and another could be going all out pedaling away dripping and getting a great workout and of course burning more calories. I personally think focusing on calories burned is a waste of time because it doesn't get you out there actually working out. Pick any exercise program as long as it's getting you results it doesn't matter how many calories you've burned, that takes care of itself. Jennifer Lee has a great DVD program that covers all the bases, called JNL Fusion. You can see it here: http://yourfitnessfactor.com/
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    rbienvenu is right - there are too many factors to spit out a reliable number. However, I understand the need to get an accurate count on calories burned if you are tracking caloric intake. If you can afford a heartrate monitor, you'll be able to get a much more accurate picture of what you're looking at. Otherwise, you'll just have to ballpark it.
  • fullerbrickroad
    Options
    Specific DVDs are not in the database. You'll need to pick something more general like "aerobics". Investing in a heart rate monitor would give you a more accurate calories burned number.