Day 2..1200 calorie diet..

Options
Anyone else have a headache because of diet? It is only day 2 but got this terrible headache halfway through day1. Thought
it was withdrawal from my usual big greasy but delicious mcdonald breakfast. It is getting worst don't know if diet or something
else..Help!

Replies

• adgirl618
    adgirl618 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Other than not having McDonald's, have you made any drastic changes...no caffeine or a short drop in caffeine, big change in sugar or carbohydrates? If so, that's most likely the culprit.
  • karenleepl
    karenleepl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Heya, perhaps you could drink more water and a hot green tea, headaches are horrible, i hate those, when i first started 1200/day my headache got so bad i needed to turn off all the lights in my house...feel better soon!
  • tabjames
    Options
    Still on coffee..not as much maybe...nothing else I can think of.
  • BeanCounter3
    BeanCounter3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    it goes away after a day or so. your body is trying to adjust. I also find that if I eat a lot of protein,(mostly chicken) I don't get headaches or feel hungry.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Could be dehydration or sugar withdrawal. It could be completely unrelated to your diet. It's also possible that 1200 calories is too little for you. Without seeing your diary and knowing your stats it's hard to tell.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I had a huge headache the other day - I check out my food diary and realized I had over 2500g of sodium that day. I googled and found out that you can definitely get a headache from that. I try to keep it as close to 1500 now as possible.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Drink water.

This is the answer to almost any problem.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    OH, also my coworker said you can also get a headache from too little sodium (as well as too much sodium). I havent looked that up myself -- but it might be of interest to you.
  • Ale8a
    Ale8a Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 5th day and everyday gets better, I definitely felt horrible the first 2 days, including cranky and sensitive but it's going away now... keep it up!
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I remember feeling like that too when I first started the 1200 a day diet. It does go away after you get used to it and water, extra sleep, and more filling foods helped. Definitely eat more if you're exercising too.