What can I add to Slim Fast to fill me up?

Options
13»

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Do this:

1. Pick up slim fast
    2. throw in trash
    3. put trash bag in dumpster
    4. get protein powder, yogurt and fruit
    5. mix above together
    6. Enjoy

That the basic recipe.. you can add oats, chai seeds and cheesecake jello m ix to it.. or swap the yogurt for cottage cheese. Use a little milk if its too thick to mix (or water, but i like milk). You can add more milk and put it in the blender to make a smoothie if you prefer. Other ingredients I've used: pineapple, banana, blueberries, apples, strawberries, black berries, raspberries, dragon fruit, pears, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, flax seed, vanilla, strawberry, chocolate and chocolate peanut butter protein powder, PB and jam, dry cheesecake jello mix or dry chocolate jello mix,

I make a big salad for lunch and add tuna to it or cheese and ham and/or turkey. Way more filling, lots healthier, and low calorie.

I do scrambled eggs a lot too.. with lots of veggie and sometime I go crazy and add ham to them.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Go back to eating real food.

^^This
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    real food
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    WARNING: I AM NOT A BEACH BODY COACH but I prefer Shakeology as a meal replacement. I have tried food of course, my own smoothies, etc. but for work, I wouldn't mind Shakeology. I would just do food though if you are good with nutrition or willing to work on it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If slimfast isn't filling you up, you need to eat something else. Like tasty real food that will satisfy your taste buds and your stomach.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eat real food.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks,

so what is a typical breakfast or lunch and how much calories should one be consuming for these meals if hoping to loose weight?

Use a TDEE calculator (http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ or http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html or MyFitnessPal will set you on a correct TDEE) to find out how many calories you burn a day.

Then, divide these calories up however you please, into whatever size meals you want, however many meals or snacks you want to eat per day.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i am substituting slim fast in place of a traditional lunch, and I wanted to know if there is anything I can add to it so that I will feel more full. I have heard of whey protein, but I don't think that is appropriate for me. Any ideas?

Hemp Hearts. Jump on the bandwagon.

Thanks me later
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    YES, whey protein is a much better meal replacement. Slim Fast is full of sugar and has very little protein and it is protein that keeps you fuller longer.

QFT. I started to add Muscle Milk to my Slim Fast shakes, it tastes really good but I also feel full a lot longer than just on a Slim Fast shake alone.
  • chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    User deactivated. Why does this happen so often?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Maybe I worded my question wrong. I guess I was trying to see if there was something like whey protein but that was formulated for losing weight. Most things I have read about whey protein have said they are for building mass. I thought maybe adding something to my Slim Fast would work, but if it is something by itself i am up to try that too. I only have been drinking Slim Fast because I got it on sale and I am so busy that cooking lunch isn't an option for me.

I think you misunderstand what protein powder is. It's simply a drink with calories that is made up of mostly protein to help people get more protein into their diet. They are not formulated to help you gain or lose weight (even ones labeled as mass gainers are just high in calories, that's it).

I don't have time to cook breakfast or lunch, so I meal prep on the weekends and take a lunch with me. I have access to a microwave and can have chicken, soup or leftovers. If you don't you could have a sandwich, wrap or salad. Those will keep you full. It's about deciding to not be lazy and plan ahead.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    YES, whey protein is a much better meal replacement. Slim Fast is full of sugar and has very little protein and it is protein that keeps you fuller longer.

^^Concur
  • Gewatson84
    Gewatson84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have never tried SlimFast, but I do use GNC Lean 25 shake when I replace meals, it has a fiber in it that keeps the hunger at bay. I do run into that I want something to eat just for the chewing and such, so I'll have an apple or some carrots, just something a little solid helps.
    Also, a lot of these shakes are really low in calories and to have them as a meal instead of a snack will probably leave you hungry. If my shake is 120 calories I tend to have it as one of the small mid-meals instead of one of the main meals.
  • carletta444
    carletta444 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the fast slim diet and I think if you do not like it then do not comment at all!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I like the fast slim diet and I think if you do not like it then do not comment at all!

Why resurrect a thread like this to comment on as your first post? :# I don't mind slim fast, but I'd think any sort of 'real' food would help someone stay full longer. My thought for supplementing this meal: steak.

That said, I like a good shake made with protein powder, frozen fruit, a couple handfuls of leafy greens, turmeric powder, and coconut water. Works for me! :p
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Strong first post. And resurrecting a narco thread. Good effort.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

2je8enrhnvbt.jpg
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

You go girl- don't let the fact this thread is 3 years old stop your outrage.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Real food. If you have to drink meals then try a better quality whey. I really like Bluebonnet Dual whey and casein but there are several good ones mentioned :)