Dancing workout program!

Options
I want a fun dancing workout program. Does anyone have suggestions??

Replies

• aj7x
    aj7x Posts: 84 Member
    Options
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba or look for a dance cardio class in your area. I did a hip hop class for awhile and loved it. Billy. Blanks, Jr. Has some dance workouts, I've done a few on the BeFit Channel on YouTube. Dancing with the Stars has videos out as well. You could always go old school and get Sweatin' to the Oldies! If you have a gaming system that allows the movement games, get a dance game, they're fun.
  • duscsm
    duscsm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Check out "Batuka" on YouTube, also. It's like the Spain version of Zumba. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spuLCimCtrM The videos are mostly in spanish, but you can still follow along even if you can't understand what they're saying.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm really loving a belly dance choreography by a dancer named Ansuya. The DVD is called 'Istanbul Nights'. But it probably takes knowing how to do the general moves already or going to a different source to learn them as you progress through learning the dance. I still recommend that for new folks. It's that fun :) There are tons of youtube vids and DVDs to teach how to do the moves required.

She gives a general run-down of how to do them, so if you are just really good at dance you might catch on that fast anyway! Enough to workout at least, lol. Bellydancers would kill me, but I say just go for it and try it to anyone who just likes to dance! Screw technical details of the dance, lol :D But don't hurt yourself, y'all ;)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I have been doing pole dance (pole tricks, not just shimmy-ing around a pole) at a studio in town. It has become a passion. I do it on my own or with a coach or a friend or two. Some places have classes. My upper body and core strength have gone way beyond what I was getting with strictly weights since you use all these stabilizing muscles, too. It's amazing. I never dread a workout and I can listen to whatever kind of music suits my mood. My flexibility has increased greatly too. It's a hard workout to get into in terms of soreness but I love, love, love it!