Suggestions for weight lifting log app please

Options
I need an app for my android where I can log my weight lifting exercises/reps/weight. I'm using virtuagym right now, but you have to upgrade in order to see more exercises. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I need to start switching it up, and I would like to avoid doing it old school with paper/pen.

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Give Jefit a try. Works well for my needs.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've heard Gym Buddy and JeFit are good but I personally just installed a spreadsheet app and log it that way.
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I use this too and I love it.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I used Fitocracy and really liked it, but it's been broken for the better part of a month of android (and my ipod touch is too weak to use it). Now I'm using Jefit, and I like it. I do miss fitocarcy however.
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I use JEFIT and love it!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Gym Buddy is really easy to use.

Fitocracy is cool, but a little more difficult to navigate at times.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've used Gymgoal for a couple of years and I really like it. Lot's of different exercises, you can log your sets and reps and it has a timer for between sets.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    need more info on weight lifting log apps!!

What do they do for you?

Is it just so you can track what weights you used for what exercises and how many reps?
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Jefit App is great. Track exercises, reps, weights used. Also track body measurements.
  • explosivedonut
    Options

What do they do for you?

Is it just so you can track what weights you used for what exercises and how many reps?

That's the basics of what they do. User interface obviously changes for each app and they all have different pluses/minuses. Fitocracy has some gamification elements, so as you track workouts you get XP which lets you "level up," you can go on quests, etc.

Jefit allows you to easily track your 1RM, and allows you to add in your own exercises and stuff.
  • bmtelle
    bmtelle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Gymprovise is my favorite. There's a nice feature that has the option to setup a " Random-Style Workout" within a routine, so you can mix-up your workout without needing multiple routines. Also, you can filter out exercises based on the equipment available to you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gymProviseF.ui
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

What do they do for you?

That's the basics of what they do. User interface obviously changes for each app and they all have different pluses/minuses. Fitocracy has some gamification elements, so as you track workouts you get XP which lets you "level up," you can go on quests, etc.

Jefit allows you to easily track your 1RM, and allows you to add in your own exercises and stuff.

LOL. i can hum the final fantasy theme while i log?? lol interesting..

Do they help?? I just put what I do in the notes section here.
  • Amaliaoami
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Looks like jefit is the winner :)
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I also like gym hero. It's free on the apple store :)
  • explosivedonut
    Options

What do they do for you?

LOL. i can hum the final fantasy theme while i log?? lol interesting..

Do they help?? I just put what I do in the notes section here.

You can if you want! I find they do help, personally. Makes it easy to figure out what I did, and allows me to be consistent with my weights and what I lift. It also allows me to look up new exercises based on body type. So, if I finish my routine sooner one time, I can add in another exercise I might not have thought of.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Another JeFit app and website user. I highly recommend the site to all of my fitness pals.
  • gymjunkie4eva
    Options
    JEFIT is so overrated it isn't funny. To mention just a few problems with it: Unintuitive User Interface, poor useability, color scheme too bright, drains the battery, Exercise Images with bad technique and Instructions light on detail. I've tried it several times. Each time I hope it's gotten better and I have been disappointed without fail. It has improved very little over the last couple of years.

People tend just go for it because it's the "default" lifting app and everyone knows about it. But it is not a good piece of software. And it is really clunky to use in the Gym. It ended up making my workouts significantly longer just to track what I was doing. Who the *** wants to be tapping away when they should actually be lifting?

I thought I'd have to settle with it because there didn't seem to be any other decent options, but then after doing a bit of research I came across an awesome app called Gymprovise which does EVERYTHING that JEFit does, and then some more on top.

It's got a great UI and is really easy to use, especially during a Workout.

The best thing about it is that it is very fluid and non-obtrusive during a workout. It really helps me get the most out of it, without crossing the all-important line of interfering with it or demanding my attention excessively - something which JEFit sucks at.

I've been on it for >6 months now and haven't looked back. I cannot recommend it highly enough!
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have been underwhelmed by Jefit so was interested to hear about an alternative but I can't find gymprovise in the App Store. Is it only on Android?
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    GymGoal 2 is pretty good, for those who have an iPhone and looking for a log app iMuscle2 is a great one to have
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I use FitNotes. Nothing fancy, but you can create your own workout from a list of exercises and if it's not in the list, you can add it. Easy to add your weight and sets and it has a timer that's easy to use. You can add notes to each set or delete/edit the set. It works for me. :smile: