Question on the jillian michaels 30 day shred lvl 2

Options
I recently heard about the 30 day shred about 2 weeks ago and I started it a little over a week ago today I am going to start lv2 and I wanted to get some opinions on of how was it for you if you have tried it.

Replies

• octogirlpretty
    Options
    I actually just started lvl 2 today, sounds like we are at the same place on our 30 days! :smile: Honestly, I kind of hate it lol. I couldn't wait for it to end. It's very tough though, most people say it's the worst of the three. It just felt very long for me, like it wouldn't end I guess. Just gonna stick it out because those comments that follow are usually that level 3 is the best! :happy: Good luck!!
  • Gl4ever
    Gl4ever Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes I know what you mean I just finished it and my clothes felt as if I just came from a swimming pool but I am going to stick with it
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 2 and I know how u feel.. motivating myself everyday to go ahead and do it..
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. I think it was the hardest level.

I don't really like JM workouts anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love the workouts but she is annoying. I don't need someone barking at me. LOL. Great with the sound off! :)

That being said, good bang for your workout time.
  • jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I also did level 2 day 1 yesterday. I'm having to motivate myself to do day 2 today - it was HARD!! I had to stop a few times to get a sip of water. But at the end of it i thought - that wasnt too bad. I dont find it much fun, but it is do-able - and if it hurts that bad, it can only be doing good things to my body!! ;)
  • meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Last night I finished Level 2 Day 7. The level is intense, for sure. The last couple of days I've had some knee pain, but nothing too major. By the time I felt like I was going to die though, it was just about over. So a few more days here and I will be more than happy to move on to level 3 and hoping that level wont be as hard on the knees!

Btw, Ive lost 16 ponds since the beginning of the shred! Loving the results so far!!

Good luck to everyone trying it!!
  • ktc1968
    ktc1968 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 2 and I know how u feel.. motivating myself everyday to go ahead and do it..

what is this workout you are talking about? would love to know which one would make you sweat like that.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i just finish that dvd last monday its hard i'm doing ripped in 30 that is way harder but its split up into 4 week 4 different work outs. like week 1 week 2 so forth...30 day shred was hard but it gets you some what ready for the next one
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had the most results with this level
  • jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have done all levels and have cycled back through. Whatever the reason, I didn't like Level 2. Even the second time around, I still didn't like. Level 3 is much better! Just 10 more days......
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Level 2 was definitely the most challenging of all 3 levels, and did give the most results.

Once I knew the order/exercises, I turned the volume off/down really low.

I sometimes throw on this level if I am in the mood for a quick workout but am not quite motivated to push myself to do something on my own.
  • Breena_Bean5
    Breena_Bean5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just did L2 D4 of the 30DS. This level kills me!! The v-squats really push me over the edge, ugh! I have to stick to the easy version when it comes to those but with the rest I do the advanced version. I have bad carpel tunnel in my right hand/wrist so it makes it very difficult to the planks in this level but I opt out on my wrists (which keeps the pressure off of my hand itself). I also can't do the final crunches/planks on this level. Instead, I stick with L1's ending abs, the bicycle crunches, I do a few more extra while she goes through the "cool-down" stage.
  • Breena_Bean5
    Breena_Bean5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :happy:
  • dietcoke29
    dietcoke29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I start level 2 on Monday. You guys are scaring me lol.
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If I can't do some of the cardio moves, I just do jumping jacks. I figure as long as I'm moving, I'm doing good. I have a really hard time trying to jump and kick myself in the butt!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have done all levels and have cycled back through. Whatever the reason, I didn't like Level 2. Even the second time around, I still didn't like. Level 3 is much better! Just 10 more days......

This.

My first run through day 1 Level 2...I have to admit I cried at the end. Not big boohoos but there were tears it was hard and I hated it the 2nd time around as well (no tears tho) but had great results from Level 2...

I found it easier after 5 days (still hated it) just like all the levels.

Keep it up Level 3 is a dream.
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am on my second round of doing the shred, and am on my second round of level 2, and I can say I STILL HATE IT! I find it extremely hard, and almost awkward in some parts. ie: a lot of the "cardio" moves she does that involve planks....
    I like levels 1 & 3 much better, but I must say I am getting awfully sick of Jillian. hard to be motivated to workout when all you can think about is how annoyed you will be whilst sweaty and dying for breath!
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I ordered Jillian's Ripped in 30 this morning! LOL
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is so very hard!! I'm doing it already much longer than just 10 days but the v-squats still kill me and I can't do the last plank/abs movement without a break. I really hate this level but I don't want to move on as long as I don't feel like I can handle it. I really hate it so much :sick:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I ordered Jillian's Ripped in 30 this morning! LOL

shred in 30 not that bad wait until you see what she does in ripped in 30 3 strengh move 2 cardio 1 abs same type stuff just harder. don't be afraid of level 3 on 30 day shred if you make it to 10 days your ready for level 3. i had to do a lot of the modified moves. she just kills me but i go to my happy place and push on through her work outs