I want to try this over the weekend.

Thanks
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love egg casseroles! Thanks!
  • jennifercasas
    Options
    Thank you. I'm at work and did not have the time to read through it all.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Great add-in ideas!
  • sc193usa
    sc193usa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! thanks for sharing!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've done the thing with the muffin tin before. I used bacon, broccoli, and shredded cheddar. Toss them in the freezer, and pull two out every evening for breakfast the next day. Toss them in the microwave for a minute or two, instant portable, high protein breakfast.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
    I freaking love eggs! And love this idea. Definitely want to try! i tried something similar to this where I cracked one egg into each cup in a muffin tin, sprinkled cheese, mushrooms, and salt and pepper in each cup and baked them. For some reason though they didn't freeze very well... not sure what I did wrong but this recipe seems like a much better idea!
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, thanks!
  • jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump! We used to make something similar growing up, but didn't use cottage cheese--that's a great idea! I'm looking forward to mine with turkey sausage + anything else I happen to have on hand!
  • Mrsrawsoul
    Mrsrawsoul Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds delish!!
  • jennide
    jennide Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump Thanks!!:happy: :love:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    never even though about making egg into casserole sounds good and full of protein! Thanks
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so excited everybody likes this idea! I literally just ate a slice right now (late lunch) which had spinach, california veggies, poblano pepper, pepperjack cheese, chipotle powder, garlic powder, onion salt, and my dad's homemade smoky country sausage in it. Seriously scrumptious.

If people are looking for spice ideas - go to the Penzey's Spices website - you'll get all kinds of wonderful ideas. You can order them online, too!
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    P.S. - I should mention that for those who don't like cottage cheese, it completely disappears into the egg - it's what makes it fluffy and just makes it taste like cheesy eggs - there's ZERO cottage cheese texture, you don't even notice it.

And - don't add both cottage cheese and milk, just one or the other, in case that wasn't clear.
  • Aljos
    Aljos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yummy...thank you.
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Glowiie1
    Glowiie1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just made a maple sausage and smoked gouda version! It was DELICIOUS and about 300 cal/slice (at recommended 6 slices). If someone tells me how to post pictures, I'll throw one up here!

If you want to try it, I cooked half of a bob evan's sausage role (6 oz) , and when it was nearly done cooking I added 2 TBS 100% maple syrup (I refuse to use the fake stuff with all the corn syrup in it! Because I'm a snob :happy: ). I used the small hole cheese shredder for about 4-5 oz of smoked gouda that comes prepackaged in a wedge at my grocery store...the package is usually around 7.5 oz, and I used a little over half of it. I added a little salt and pepper, and VOILA! Amazingness!

Thank you SOO much for this recipe. When I decided to go on a diet again I realized that i needed to make cooking a hobby ; if every day of my diet is an adventure for my taste buds I'll stop focusing on what i can't eat, and start focusing on the amazing food I CAN have (just watching my portions). Finding little gems like this recipe has made losing weight easier because I still get to eat amazing food (seriously, sausage, maple syrup and gouda while on a diet?!), and these are the kind of habits I can maintain after I've lost the weight. So, thanks again!
  • amybigger
    Options
    Bump. Yum!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for the suggestions! I've been getting bored with the breakfasts I've been having lately, and this looks like a great way to mix things up.