Calorie change

Options
I have been using fitness pale since August and have lost 40lbs. My weight was 249
My question is colrie intake change after recording weight.
In previous weight recording the calories stay the same.
However this time the calorie count went down to 1,290 from 1400!

Anyone know why?

Thanks,
Al

Replies

• fitmiss581
    fitmiss581 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would think it has something to do with the weight you have lost, in order to keep losing you have to reduce your calories depending on your curent weight. I weigh 140 and it gave me 1200 cal's a day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Your calorie requirements decrease as your fat decreases...i.e. you don't need as many calories now to maintain your weight, thus you need fewer calories to maintain the same weight loss deficit.

How much more do you have to lose...it may be time to re-evaluate your rate of loss. You have to go slower the closer you get to goal due to it's really not healthy to maintain large calorie deficits at lower BF%s.
  • wildcat747
    Options
    That does not make sense to me.
    I have been losing 2lbs a week with a 1400 calorie intake.
    I wonder why that the intake would change if I have been meeting my goals?
    Thanks for the quick respone
  • wildcat747
    Options
    My Goal was 200lbs and I am at 207
  • wildcat747
    Options
    I changed the goale from 2lbs a week to 1.5lbs a week and calories whant up.
    Thanks for the help
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I would not change until it stops working for you. Eat at the 1400 until you see a change in the amount your losing. Seriously for almost two years I ate around the same amount, some days higher some days lower. Over the last 2 to 4 months I was seeing next to nothing in loss. So I've changed it and I'm seeing a loss again. MFP kept telling me to change my amounts about every 10lbs and I ignored them, it worked for me, but you will have to figure out if it works for you. Good Luck
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    That does not make sense to me.
    I have been losing 2lbs a week with a 1400 calorie intake.
    I wonder why that the intake would change if I have been meeting my goals?
    Thanks for the quick respone

MFP is just a calculator...you provide the brains. It's just going to make adjustments every X Lbs as per it's programming. You can do as you've done and selected a slower rate of loss or you can customize your goals. MFP is just a fancy calculator.