Business Travel Weight Loss Struggle

Options
Anyone have any suggestions or tips? I am traveling for weeks at a time to remote hospital locations with limited restaurants and exercise facilities in cold areas of the country. Possible long hours at a stretch on location....Looking for some tips on how to stay focused and eat right.

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    If there's a will, there's a way.

Pack some healthy snacks. You can make good choices out of what you're given - always. Make the best choice possible in the moment.

Bring layers and go running. Running outdoors requires no equipment except shoes and it'll let you experience the areas you're visiting in a new way.

Make a list of why you're doing this. A REAL honest list, not just a "well because I should". Keep it with you in your wallet or wherever at all times.

Stop making excuses for yourself. I'm being blunt, but honest. When you stop giving yourself an "out", amazing things can happen.

Good luck.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Take a skipping rope? Skipping is hard! So its a good cardio workout and all you need is a room with a highish ceiling. I'm not sure what kind of workouts you do now but check the internet for some gymless/ travel workouts. You can still do some strength stuff, push ups, squats, planks ect require no equipment.

Its much easier if you have control over as many meals as possible. Try to stick to your usual breakfast. I saw you will have limited options for eating - I think your best bet here will be portion size. Get a doggie bag for left overs, and try to eat as many veggies as possible
  • HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    do you like any of the low sugar high protein prepackaged shakes? If so, take some of those or purchase when you get to destination to take along or at least have in your hotel. Veggies are key for snacking... and maybe a little hummus and some raw almonds for a quick snack.

When you do eat out.... or in cafeteria.... no fried foods, no obvious junk (you know what i mean). It's not as easy to control your food when you are traveling but you don't need to use it as a reason to eat stuff you would otherwise not ever eat.

You can do this!
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Plan out your eating out ahead of time. i check mfp before going the restaurant. also when you are traveling check nearby gyms close to the airport. I use www.AirportGyms.com

I also recommend taking protein bars/powders in baggies and a small blender/shaker. I do when I visit family. Makes it easier to keep my meal plan in check and not fall off the wagon. If all else fails, go out side and RUN! :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    What about band training? I don't mean those crap ones that a 5 year old can play with but proper ones that can give you 100lb plus resistance!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    'Course, I bet your suitcase is heavy... :-)