Has anyone taken phenedrine before?

2»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I think I've made it perfectly clear in my OP that I'm not expecting miracles and just want to do it as a kick start whilst making huge lifestyle changes.

Thought this was a place I could turn to for honest and helpful advice. Obviously I was very much wrong.

You're asking for justification to ingest harmful drugs as an alternative to exercising willpower. I'm not going to give you that justification, because what you are looking to do is unhealthy, both physically and psychically.

I'm sorry if you find that "rude", but that is the naked reality of what you are after.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    I plan on going down this route...

Why settle for half measures? If you want to use drugs for weight loss, go all in and jump straight to heroin. Ain't nothing going to be as effective as mainlining....

Very rude and unnecessary.

I think I've made it perfectly clear in my OP that I'm not expecting miracles and just want to do it as a kick start whilst making huge lifestyle changes.

Thought this was a place I could turn to for honest and helpful advice. Obviously I was very much wrong.

Honest and helpful advice will include people telling you this is a bad idea. There are no jump starts. There are no shortcuts. Eat less and move more. It's really that simple just not always easy.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

Why settle for half measures? If you want to use drugs for weight loss, go all in and jump straight to heroin. Ain't nothing going to be as effective as mainlining....

Hardly rude, and an extreme comment to see what potential danger your body could be in from this pill.

Further, instead of focusing on one comment to generalize a whole website, perhaps you should look at the big picture of this forum... much as you should look at the big picture of your weight loss. If you're going to do all the proper steps to lose weight healthily, why take the pill at all? For a "kickstart"? You're not a car. A quick loss at the bat doesn't accomplish anything more than stripping off water weight, or potentially shedding necessary muscle.

You already detailed out the "right" way... why not just do that?
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member

You're asking for justification to ingest harmful drugs as an alternative to exercising willpower. I'm not going to give you that justification, because what you are looking to do is unhealthy, both physically and psychically.

I'm sorry if you find that "rude", but that is the naked reality of what you are after.

Exactly. If you want a racing heart beat & a "short term" solution- than just use meth for a few months. You'll drop a ton of weight...and maybe a few teeth. LOL I'm kidding!

In all seriousness, you wanted honesty - some people are more blunt and can be harder to take.

I've taken pills like phenedrine & phentermine, all that crap is, is legal speed. Make sure you read ALL of the short & long term side effects VERY carefully. I would NOT suggest going down this route. It will give you unrealistic expectations and when you stop taking it - you may gain. Because remember you are messing with your metabolism.

Quite frankly, I get tired of seeing these threads. It would be easier and less work for you in the long run to eat clean/ whole foods, create a deficit by regular cardio & strength training.
  • PlanetVelma

Hardly rude, and an extreme comment to see what potential danger your body could be in from this pill.

Further, instead of focusing on one comment to generalize a whole website, perhaps you should look at the big picture of this forum... much as you should look at the big picture of your weight loss. If you're going to do all the proper steps to lose weight healthily, why take the pill at all? For a "kickstart"? You're not a car. A quick loss at the bat doesn't accomplish anything more than stripping off water weight, or potentially shedding necessary muscle.

You already detailed out the "right" way... why not just do that?

Omg, logical, rational thinking? What has this world coming to? LOL

Seriously though, great point on the potential of shedding muscle! It's basically like playing russian roulette with your metabolism, healthy & well being.
  • kristina_m
    kristina_m Posts: 11 Member
    I don't mind if people tell me that it's bad or harmful as I asked for opinions. I didn't ask for rude and spiteful replies such as - take heroin.

I said I was going down the route of doing it through a doctor - if they said no then that's a no - final. I can't get it without a prescription and I would never buy it over the internet.

I didn't just wake up one morning and say I know I'll pop a pill and it will make everything better. I have battled with weight for 13 years and I'm tired and can feel myself falling into a depression yet again over this. I have done my research on this and was asking for first hand accounts.
  • kristina_m
    kristina_m Posts: 11 Member

I definitely don't need justification from you. I've made it perfectly clear I will be speaking to a doctor before doing this.

You could have said exactly what you told me and I wouldn't have been offended but the heroin comment was rude.
  • PlanetVelma
    I don't mind if people tell me that it's bad or harmful as I asked for opinions. I didn't ask for rude and spiteful replies such as - take heroin.

I said I was going down the route of doing it through a doctor - if they said no then that's a no - final. I can't get it without a prescription and I would never buy it over the internet.

I didn't just wake up one morning and say I know I'll pop a pill and it will make everything better. I have battled with weight for 13 years and I'm tired and can feel myself falling into a depression yet again over this. I have done my research on this and was asking for first hand accounts.

Oh good grief. It was ONE COMMENT. Please, get your big girl panties on and quit trying to parent the interwebz.

The comment wasn't necessairly outta line - as my previous comment before....those types of medications are like meth, which btw is an illegal drug.

I would also be hesitant to trust a physician who would prescribe a drug right off the bat BEFORE encouraging healthy eating/exercise.

Srsly tho- START exercising - it will pump endorphins into your system and will make you INSTANTLY feel better. :flowerforyou:

If you want to be successful - get yourself some good workout shoes/clothes, buy a food scale & make the commitment to yourself.