bloodtype diet

Options
Hi everyone!!

I have tried to search for this topic on the messageboards but couldnt find something.. so here I go.
Has someone done the bloodtype diet? How did it go and were u satisfied?? I read about it a couple years ago and somehow it got me thnkin the last few weeks. Id love to hear about some of your experiences and/or thoughts :)

Take care!!

Replies

• lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Really, no one? :(
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    no dieat just eat healthy.

but my blood type is 0, the diet says i should get most of my protein out of meat / animal products.... and i love meat and animal products so, i guess there is somethin on it.

but then again, potatoes are forbidden...what would i do without my weekend doese of potatoes by lunch??
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    My aunt swears by it and says it works. Eating a little bit of everything is enough for me and when I looked it up my blood type (AB-) it took some of my favorite foods away, so I decided it wasn't for me. Maybe in the future, but not now. There are a ton of books out there on it and I think there might be a group on MFP for that. So those might be places to look for more info and support if you're interested.
  • Nmt100
    Nmt100 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    As a scientist my opinion is it's generally a load of rubbish. There are too many flaws in his book and he contradicts a lot of current scientific theory. Whatever blood type you are its calories in vs calories out. His diets may work for a short time but its only because by restricting your diet you end up with a calorie deficit.
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    it doesn't make any sense on a scientific basis to base your diet around your blood type
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    There is no scientific basis for it.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Another crazy fad. No science to back it up. All of these ideas come down to the basic fact that you have to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. It doesn't matter how you achieve that so why restrict yourself to following some fad diet?
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that and rely on calories in vs out to lose weight. My dad's girlfriend swears by it. She's the same blood type as me and swears hummus makes her feel bad because of her blood type but I eat it almost every night. I think sometimes we want to believe something so much that we think we're getting/not getting symptoms. When really, it's a mind game.
  • lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! :)

I'm not so sure what to think about the bloodtype diet because there's a lot of negativity going on on the internet... haha :) Also, I don't like the word diet either, but I do use the word diet to describe my eating habits.
    I got my results and apparently I'm bloodtype A+, which means (according to the bloodtype diet) I shouldn't be eating meat and also limit the dairy consumption. Because I always wanted to become vegan, I'm gonna try out this "diet" and see how it feels. I do believe in taking it with a pinch of salt, though. :) Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. If it contributes only a little to my healthy eating goal, I'm happy!
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    There is absolutely no scientific basis for it. In fact, even the evolutionary genetics aspect about which blood group was the first is incorrect.

It's just another fad diet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    LMFAO....srsly....I look like this right now...

tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv.gif

there is absolutely nothing grounded in actual science here...have fun though...
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    The problem is, unless you recoil from garlic and sleep in a coffin, the so-called blood-type diet kind of, well, sucks.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/3-reasons-to-avoid-the-blood-type-diet.html

Science against it .....

http://www.skepdic.com/bloodtypediet.html
  • I have been eating for my bloodtype for a week and a half and can already feel a difference with the chronic fatigue i have been suffering with all my life. I can't wait to see how I feel in 6 months!
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what my blood type is. :wink:
  • jelineee
    jelineee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    after reading somewhere that miranda kerr follows this diet i was seriously considering it until it told me to eat mainly meat and limit fruits
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Type A blood: A meat-free diet based on fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.

No meat? No thanks. I don't like eating vegetables. Also, my husband and I have the same blood type, eat the same foods and have similar caloric intakes---I've never really been overweight and he's always been overweight.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    after reading somewhere that miranda kerr follows this diet i was seriously considering it until it told me to eat mainly meat and limit fruits

Who's Miranda Kerr and why would anyone care what she eats? :tongue:

The blood type diet is complete unscientific twaddle, pure voodoo..........
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Its as credible as the star sign diet. If you lose weight on it. Its because you're eating at a defecit
  • shaydenee
    Options
    Out of curiosity, I just googled what i would be able to eat (B+) on this diet and almost everything I love is restricted. Even if there were any science behind this, there are just too many restrictions.

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/print/blood_b.htm
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Also, my husband and I have the same blood type, eat the same foods and have similar caloric intakes---I've never really been overweight and he's always been overweight.

and my husband and I have different blood types, eat the same food and get the same results for our goals.

OP, have you actually researched the diet? can you find any reputable resources to say it's a good thing to do? you're likely to feel healthier as you've eliminated a lot (of unhealthier options) from your diet, not because you've stuck to a restrictive list of foods