protein shake

Options
does anyone know any good protein shake for women? ( i don't want to gain muscle, i need to loose weight)

Replies

• pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    does anyone know any good protein shake for women? ( i don't want to gain muscle, i need to loose weight)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I like synthia 6 i think its called

you know starbucks has that new vivanno nourishing blend and they have chocolate banana that has whey powder
  • ashlaurenn
    ashlaurenn Posts: 29
    Options
    Whey powder is quite good, very little carbs. I'm not up on all the technical stuff but as far as i know its okay to gain a little muscle because it will in a way get rid of the fat. Women aren't prone to building a great deal of muscle anyway so dont be scared your going to look like a body builder from eating protein!

Thats what i used to think anyway.

You can get flavored, choc and vanilla.. mix with water, quite nice...
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    I am using the Figure 8 Protein Shakes from Arbonne. I really like them and they seem to help with the weight loss. Let me know if you need more information.

Toni
  • Maraposaunika
    Maraposaunika Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use the lean shakes from gnc (they are yuuuummy!) and I use slimfast high protein. A couple of the girls i work with use whey protein and they say they taste like chocolate milk.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    any fruit like banana, blueberries, or raspberries-approximately 1 cup
    handful of ice
    I scoop vanilla Designer Whey powder
    Dash of vanilla extract
    1 cup of light soy milk-plain
    2 Splenda or Equal

Blend!~

This comes out to be about 250 calories and it is huge!!! So filling!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    My wife uses one called Lean Body, it's low carb, low sugar, she loves them
    they are about 280 cals per.
    Made by Labrada

www.labrada.com
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I use a whey protein powder called Unjury. www.unjury.com

They have chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, chicken flavor and plain. 80 cals per scoop most of the time I just mix mine with lowfat milk, but I have also mixed it with jello and lots of other things.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i buy whey protien powder, i believe i bought it at target. i put it in skim milk or with some yogurt and fruit all blended up. it wont make you buff up unless you're lifting heavy heavy weights!! the protien will just help rebuild the muscle you break down while exercising. also is great for hair, nails...etc.
  • ashlaurenn
    ashlaurenn Posts: 29
    Options
    agh, chicken flavoured shake?
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    agh, chicken flavoured shake?

no... you would add it to chicken flavored soup or make a gravy out of it so you get the extra protein.... you don't just use protein powder to make shakes with. It can be added to many foods to help boost the protein U intake.
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    FYI: You need to build muscle to replace fat, and the more muscle, the more calories you will burn naturally. You will not buff up unless you were a fanatic. I take slim fast optima and mix in one scoop of whey protien powder (chocolate flavored!). That gives me like 33 grams of protien.

What I think is funny is that they say on the slim fast carton that it has 10 g of protien. It actually only has 2, and the 1 c of skim milk you add has 8!