new to MFP

LisaMaciel5508
LisaMaciel5508 Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Im 32 years old and new to this. weight has been a struggle my whole life.... Please share any advice u may have

Replies

• new_me_4
    new_me_4 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi I am also new the site but I think that it is helping me out a lot. I have been using the site for anout a week and a half and have lost 2 lbs since I started on October 19th. The advice that I would give is to make sure that you log everything that you eat and do not cheat yourself. Be honest to yourself and your body and you shall succeed.
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    set a reasonable goal for yourself, for starters. then you can keep going from there. the biggest thing that's helped me is to have a high protein/low carb breakfast to keep me full, healthy high protein snacks though out the day, and lots of water. also, support helps. its hard to do this alone, so knowing there are others doing it right along with you and celebrating your success is a huge motivator as well. good luck!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    This site is a great tool... but it is up to you to figure out how to use it best! Good Luck!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    I agree with New Me 4. Being honest with yourself is the most important element. If you are logging everything you eat, and all of your exercise (as accurately as you can), then you will see your patterns and will know what to change. Another element is to create a plan including mini goals, rewards for accomplishing your goals, and a plan on how to succeed when you "really don't want to exercise and really do want to eat everything in the house." If you create a meal plan, and exercise plan, and a prevention plan you will have all of your bases covered.

The only other piece of advice I can give you is to recognize that this is YOUR JOURNEY, YOU ARE IN CONTROL, YOU REAP THE REWARDS AND THE BENEFITS, YOU GET TO CHOOSE HOW MUCH WEIGHT REDUCTION OCCURS, HOW FAST, AND HOW YOU GO ABOUT DOING IT. If you remember that you are IN CONTROL and you don't embrace the idea that you are a "victim," then you will make your goal much more quickly.

Blessings as you work towards your goal of a healthier and happier you.

Vickie
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    hey and welcome :)
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    New myself and i agree you need to log everything you eat in and complete your logging at the end of the day to see your progress :) that's one of the things keeps me coming back.. i like see what i will weight in 5 weeks with my eating habits and that keeps me motivated
  • I am six days into this myself, Staying positive and finding what motivates you is the key, push yourself to learn new things about health and fitness and eating right, its important to be open to new things. I have lost 20 lbs since last xmas but have hit a plateau and was told about this website and it has forced me to really count calories and I think its gonna make a big difference, my husband is doing it right along side me, and that really helps. Watching the biggest loser really helps keep me motivated.:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.