Not going to give up this time!!!

Options
I am not new to diet and exercise, but new to myfitnesspal! Every year I put on weight and then take it off again, but this last time around I have just hit the wall. I can't seem to get that weight off! I am determined this time around to take it off and to actually reach my goal size of 8 which will be around 140lbs. I will FINALLY graduate from college in March. It will also be my 7 year wedding anniversary and right around the corner, my 37th birthday!!! To treat myself, I am taking a trip to the Virgin Islands. I want to look fantastic! I keep a picture of a woman with the body I want on my fridge, but I just can't seem to get there! I really need some motivation and support because my hubby doesn't care what he eats or how he looks!!!! I hope that this website can help me stay motivated. If I can finish college, I can look great for graduation!!! I have six months to make it happen!!!!!!!! I can do it! :bigsmile:

2201968.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Welcome! I have the same goals, since I have a wardrobe that I would love to get back into it Size 8. I know first hand of no support from the hubby, since he is in school he doesn't come home till late so I can basically eat like a single girl and pick and choice what I want to eat. I have that same pic of what I want to look like. I decided that running was going to be my big loose. I am up to a mile running at one time and working on two. I have signed up for 3 different 5k's paid and training for, it gets me off the couch and out running. Thank Goodness for DVR, or I would be on the couch watching TV. So pick you a goal and committ to it and finish it. Remember this..."It takes 21 days to make a habit". Whether that is the gym or anything in your life, 21 days...
  • klaraw
    klaraw Posts: 5
    Options
    I am right there with you!! I will turn 37 next month. 4 years ago I was in the best shape of my life. A little less than 2 years ago I had my daughter. Ever since then I've fluctuated up and down, but never got close to the shape I was in before. I am determined this time to stay in shape. I'm tired of my daughter pinching my belly when she sits on my lap. I want to fit comfortably back in my size 8 jeans and be fit and toned again. We can do it!!
  • fluffypbunny
    fluffypbunny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually got up to five miles two years ago. There are a few iPhone apps that are really helpful! Unfortunately, my hips hurt me so bad, I could barely walk even on the days I didn't run..... I changed shoes and it helped, but it really just hurt my body. I found spin recently and discovered that I actually can burn as many calories in spin class than running AND I can keep it up longer so I hope it is my golden ticket! Keep at it if you like running. It will help you get into great shape!!!! Size 8 .. here we come!!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Stick to it, this site can really help with that... now how do I convince my wife to post a picture of a girl in a bikini on the fridge.. :angry:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Stick to it, this site can really help with that... now how do I convince my wife to post a picture of a girl in a bikini on the fridge.. :angry:

take one of her and post it yourself!! :laugh:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

LOL that is a smart idea :blushing:
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate- my husband is no support either. He is skinny as a rail, and I call him a "garbage belly", because he can eat any and all kinds of junk food without showing it. I sincerely asked him for his help one day, and he has been more understanding how I can't have that stuff around, so he hides it from me. If I DO find some junk food that I really just HAVE to have, I take a moment to look at it and think..."you know, this is going to undo all the work I just did!" Then I go find something healthier to eat. This site will help- there is a ton of support here. Good luck to you!
  • bzuccaro
    Options
    :smile:
  • fluffypbunny
    fluffypbunny Posts: 11 Member
    Options

LOL that is a smart idea :blushing:

WELL ... My photo is not of a girl in a bikini... but she is half naked !!!! :noway: