30 DS gaining weight

Options
I've completed Level 1 Day 6 of 30 day shred. I've been eating around 1200-1500 calories...and i've gained 2 pounds!

Anyone have this happen to them before?

I am going to keep on trekking and hoping this will go away. I've seen awesome results on other people and hope to achieve the same.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommon to see no loss or a slight gain on the scale when you start a new exercise routine or increase an old one. Our bodies flood sore muscles with fluid to help cushion and repair them. This can mask any fat loss that's going on. Drink plenty of water and let your body get used to the change and you should see the scale move in the right direction soon.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    did you take measurements? I had the same thing happen two years ago when I did 30DS and then level 2 the weight went back down and then stayed there. It wasnt until I was almost done with level 3 that 5 lbs just melted off. BUT the inches came off the whole time consistently after one week in. This is true with almost any exercise plan where you will build lean body mass. And is actually preferable. How I look in my clothes and to myself and my health matters more then any number on the scale.
  • jendziak
    Options
    Thank you both.

I have been drinking a TON of water. So I was hoping this may be water weight gain to soothe my muscles.

TrishJimenez..i did take measurements. I promised myself that I wouldn't check the measurements until day 31. I am thinking of doing the 30DS two cycles in a row. I REALLY need to stay off the scale. It's always been my own worst enemy. I feel better and stronger. Getting through each 30 minute session is a lot easier now than it was days 1 2 and 3.