Chocolate.....noooooo

Options
Hello,
One of my biggest faults its my secret affair with chocolate....I cant seem to stop craving this. Anyone know of a good substitute for chocolate??? :) Thanks!!!

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    if I HAVE to have some chocolate then I either

1) make a chocolate slim fast shake blended with ice and PB2 (peanut butter powder) and drink that for a meal
    2) have a slimfast 100 calorie bar
    3) have ONCE small piece of dark chocolate and have my daughter hide the bag
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love it too, but now I buy 70 percent coco bars and hide them in the freezer and if I really need a hit I suck on a square slowly. After a few squares ( where before I would have eaten the whole bar!!!) I wash my teeth and if necessary go out for a walk to get away from it. Now I don't crave it, only mid month: then I walk a lot!!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    5 Hershey Kisses are 110 calories. If you let them disolve in your mouth they last FOREVER! Go get your chocolate fix!

Charmagne
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Don't completely deprive yourself! I keep a GOOD QUALITY chocolate bar in the fridge and eat ONE square every day, it took some strength of will at first but years later I still only need a little taste to prevent cravings :) Not to say I don't indulge in desserts once in a while but for day to day...

Also on my heavy workout days I drink chocolate almond or soy milk, or occcasionally real chocolate milk, or hot chocolate made with good cocoa and raw sugar (WAY better for you than the packets)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Eat some! I keep small (100 cals or less) bars at home, and if I want one, (and I have enough calories left after working everything out for the day) then I have one. Life is too short to give up everything you enjoy, just learn to do it in moderation.
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    I am a total chocoholic. I really like the 100 calorie Fibre One bars with the chocolate drizzle. It satisfies my cravings :)
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Instead of trying to find something to replace chocolate, why not find a moderate amount in which to eat real chocolate? Personal experience says that if I deny myself something I crave and try to replace it with a less desirable substitute, I end up just wanting the real thing all the more. Here are my favorite chocolate moderation indulgences:

*Cup of hot cocoa. If you go with the sugar-free versions, you can squeeze in a cup for as little as 130 calories, but even a regular cup of milk chocolate Swiss Miss is only 200 or so calories. And it's a great way to get a little extra calcium in at the same time!

*Yoplait Whips, frozen. 160 calories each, but who can argue with yogurt? My favorite is the chocolate raspberry mousse.

*Jello Mousse Temptations. 60 calories, and they're absolutely heavenly. My favorite is the caramel, but they also have several varieties in chocolate.

*Dove Milk Chocolate Bar. 200 calories for a whole bar, but I like to have half after lunch and half after dinner. If you're really good, have one of the five squares a day and you're only looking at 40 calories per square. I believe that if you're going to indulge, indulge in the good stuff. Otherwise, where's the point?

Best of luck!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Ya know what? Chocolate isn't as BAD as you think, really. As long as you don't over do it.

Honestly, you can't deprive yourself of your favorite foods because this is how people BINGE which is bad. Having a piece of chocolate once in a while is OK! Really! It will not stop you from losing weight. Chocolate, in fact, is a little healthy for you, too. Better than chips!

Here is a bit of info on dark chocolate:

"Thank you, dark chocolate, for making us feel good—not guilty—about dessert. Dark chocolate is filled with flavonoid antioxidants (more than 3 times the amount in milk chocolate) that keep blood platelets from sticking together and may even unclog your arteries.It may also help with weight loss by keeping you feeling full, according to a study from Denmark. Researchers gave 16 participants 100 g of either dark or milk chocolate and 2 hours later offered them pizza. Those who consumed the dark chocolate ate 15% fewer calories than those who had milk chocolate, and they were less interested in fatty, salty, and sugary foods.

Try a chocolate with 70% or more cocoa. Two tablespoons of dark chocolate chips with fresh berries as a midafternoon snack or after-dinner dessert should give you some of the heart-healthy benefits without busting your calorie budget."

Besides that, I find the Kashi cherry dark chocolate bars very satisfying.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I eat the Skinny Cow Chocolate truffle icecream bars--only 100 cal each and very yummy!
  • BirdieB
    Options
    Last night i had a dream i was eating chocolate cake all night...I literally dreamt all night i was eating chocolate cake.....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i woke up to find out i hadn't even gained a pound..WOO HOO lolol

that's a good alternative eh?

No but...right now i'm on W.W. and...i find if i deprivae myself at all i'll feel VERY depressed...so basically always leave room for what you like....and..don't eat that CRAPPY chocolate like you get at walmart, it's not even really chocolate it's all high fructose corn syrup, and hydrogenated fats.....not real chocolate..treat yourself to a GOOD peice of real, good chocolate...just don't overdo it and mark it in your calories.

I also do those skinny cow ice creams and W.W ice cream cups...they're actually good and i'm VERY PICKY, i know and like good food and i hate artifical sweetners etc. So i feel satisfied when i eat those things...as long as you neverfeel like you are DIETING but rather it's a change of lifestyle, and you're just eating smarter and eating healthier. you'll realize that the people you are envious of...the ones who can eat CRAPLOADS of good delicious food and lose weight if they don't eat enough? lol well...sadly they'll probably all get clogged arteries and still experience the affects of bad poisonous food in our culture, so...that's nothing to be envious of.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I eat the Skinny Cow Chocolate truffle icecream bars--only 100 cal each and very yummy!

this is also my chocolate treat of choice! or any of the skinny cow range :D
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I too love the Skinny Cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars for 100 cals. Creamy, chocolatey and delicious!
  • luvngirl
    Options
    Thank you all!!! Those are awesome advice!!! I will try as much as I can to follow thru :)
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I do chocolate milk about once a week. Its great after a work out to help build muscle and totally kills my cravings! Its a little high in calories at about 260 for 2 cups, but so worth it sometimes! And after a hard workout I can usually afford the extra calories anyways!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Swiss Delice - Dark 72% - Dark Chocolate, 1 square is only 33 calories. I buy a bag of individually wrapped squares from Costco.

Yummy!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Deprivation is in my opinion the number 1 diet breaker so for this to work for me I build a chocolate wafer in to each days food, if i don't have it (rare lol) I knock it off my daily food at the end of the day. I also build a pack of quavers in to each days foods to take care of the savoury crunch cravings (87 calories)

My cheat treat wafer is only 82 calories and really does cure the craving for me. I've not felt deprived in the 7 weeks i've been doing this so feel those empty 82 calories are worth it.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If you like bittersweet chocolate, try Oikos Greek yogurt, non-fat chocolate. YUM! Only about 120 calories and incredibly satisfying.