Diarrhea logs

Options
Hey,

So about once every two weeks or so I'm getting diarrhea. Going to log it from now on, so I can identify what could be the cause.
Last night was one of these instances - first time around 4AM, then around 6AM and then after 7AM.

Here's my yesterday's eating log:
Fat: 83g
Carbs: 267g
Protein: 215g

4 Boiled Eggs
Blended chicken breast (400g)
3 Bananas

Oatmeal, whole grain (200g)

Rye bread, 4 slices
Cottage cheese 1.5% (300g)
2 tbl. spoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Drank enough water, tea throughout the day. What do you reckon is to blame?
-Chicken and bananas - a bad combination?
-Too much oatmeal at once?
-The olive oil combined with rye bread and cottage cheese?

Kind regards,
Dmitri

Replies

• danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    oh, i was hoping this would be pic heavy
  • sarah061
    Options
    oh, i was hoping this would be pic heavy

Lmao :p
  • grimcosgirl
    Options
    Sorry, but whatever it is that you are eating sounds really gross. You blend chicken? Like in a blender? Thats crazy!

Anyway, so bananas do the opposite of most fruits, they bind you up. So thats probably not a problem. Oatmeal can loosen bowels for some people, but not typically to diarrhea. If you eat oatmeal every day and normally don't have a problem, then thats not the cause.

if you're eating this much protein on a normal, everyday basis, it could also be your body's way of expelling it, because it is being overloaded. Be careful with too much protein consistently, as it can be very hard on the kidneys.

other things to consider besides what you are eating:
    1. Environmental factors. A lot of stress at work or dinner with the in-laws. very stressful situations can have that kind of efect on some people.
    2. Don't know if you are a girl or not, but its not linked to that-time-of-the-month is it?
    3. Make sure any dairy you are eating isn't bad. Also, as far as dairy goes, did you know you can actually become lactose intolerant as you get older? Sometimes, over time, a body becomes unable to make the proper enzymes needed to break down the lactose in milk.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    CHEESE. So much cheese
  • dockholiday8234
    dockholiday8234 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The runs is when you get inflammation of the intestinal tract. Often it is a bug. Could be the chicken. I get them once every so often too. If you figure it out let me know.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    AaT28.gif
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but whatever it is that you are eating sounds really gross. You blend chicken? Like in a blender? Thats crazy!

Anyway, so bananas do the opposite of most fruits, they bind you up. So thats probably not a problem. Oatmeal can loosen bowels for some people, but not typically to diarrhea. If you eat oatmeal every day and normally don't have a problem, then thats not the cause.

if you're eating this much protein on a normal, everyday basis, it could also be your body's way of expelling it, because it is being overloaded. Be careful with too much protein consistently, as it can be very hard on the kidneys.

other things to consider besides what you are eating:
    1. Environmental factors. A lot of stress at work or dinner with the in-laws. very stressful situations can have that kind of efect on some people.
    2. Don't know if you are a girl or not, but its not linked to that-time-of-the-month is it?
    3. Make sure any dairy you are eating isn't bad. Also, as far as dairy goes, did you know you can actually become lactose intolerant as you get older? Sometimes, over time, a body becomes unable to make the proper enzymes needed to break down the lactose in milk.

In some people the opposite is true for bananas, too many bananas plus the oatmeal can cause it.
  • dmerkulov
    Options
    Thanks for the reply @Grimcosgirl

Yea, I sometimes blend the chicken for post-workout to get it down easier.
    I remember having a similiar case of diarrhea once when mixing bananas and chicken together though - of course it could've been something else as well. And yea good point, about the protein as well - I'm used to getting that amount of protein daily, however it might've been that 100g of protein at one sitting is too much. Also, the 200g of oatmeal was weighed as dry - after boiling it, it weighs around ~700g.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if you're eating a lot of food prepared in a blender and then eating without further cooking after being in the blender, are you cleaning your blender carefully? Sometimes there can be parts of a blender where old food gets stuck and this can be a breeding ground or bacteria, hence the diarrhoea.
  • psychdlc
    psychdlc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "Diarrhea logs"? That's kind of a contradiction in terms.
  • dmerkulov
    Options
    Yep, always taking good care of cleaning the blender afterwards:))
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Could be the cheese.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Carbs have that affect on me and you eat a lot of carbs.
  • dmerkulov
    Options
    Cycling carbs, so having a higher fat, lower carb day today. Will see how it goes.
  • mdbrookeyak
    mdbrookeyak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "Diarrhea logs"? That's kind of a contradiction in terms.

I totally thought the same thing lol....kinda an oxymoron.
  • elephant_in_the_room
    Options
    Just so,
    I sometimes get bowel cramps where I have to go to the toilet 5-6 times in a row. I used to call it diarrhea as well. It's now less since I eat less and healthier. It happens maybe every two weeks, too ( or three or four), but of course always when you just have to rush out of the door for some appoinment, and have absolutely no time for being tied to the toilet!

I also used to think it was due to certain foods, or just to overeating. Granted there is a slightly higher likelihood for it to happen after a meal.

Until I once got it on a fasting day.

So now I don't think that any particular food is the culprit, I just get on with life. As I said, it's much less severe now, only mildly annoying, which helps.
  • dmerkulov
    Options
    Hm, just to note - I've followed intermittent fasting for 2-3 months now. I remember - initially when starting out, I had bad diarrhea for a week, but blamed it more on a flu that was around at the time (I had temperature as well)

On most days my bowel movements are fine but yea - I still do suspect some sort of pattern.

The conclusions I've made thus fur are:
    1) not to eat chicken and bananas together
    2) not to blend my chicken, but chew it (400g+ of chicken blended takes me ~2 minutes to eat. Perhaps that is too fast?)
    3) not to over-do it with the oatmeal (it was ~700g after cooking it) - took me a good twenty minutes to eat it :D

Will see how it goes.. if the above doesn't work, then lower protein intake per meal and test with high fat/low carb, low fat/high carb days.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Could be the dairy, could be the wheat/gluten, could be the eggs, could be the sugar from the bananas, could be none of those.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I would recommend seeing a gastroenterologist, or at least a doctor -- it could have nothing to do with your diet.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    No ideas - but the thought of blended chicken makes me want to hurl. Gross. :sick: