Question For Women???

Options
Do you find that during that time of the month its harder to eat right and work out? Last month I didnt notice it so much but today i just couldnt stop eating candy (I didnt even eat candy on halloween lol) and I had a soda, non diet :O. Thanks to my lack of self control today i feel like crap and couldnt work out. I knew it would happen but I couldnt fight it today. Do other women get like this or is it just because i'm day sixty into this lifestyle change and so my body was craving some normalcy? What do you think? I am going to have to burn alot of calories at the gym tomorrow -_-

Replies

• lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Personally, I always had a bad TOM. Since I have been exercising regularly and eating healthier, it has been so much easier. It's shorter and lighter, less cramps, less bloating, which doesn't make me feel so sh***y. I used to use it as an excuse to eat a bunch of chocolate and lay on the couch. I still like to do that, but I try to start my day with a really good work out. I have actually found now that being on my . doesn't effect my workout anymore and after I burn all those calories I tend to not want to ruin it with junk food. and after I workout I don't feel as guilty about laying on the couch with a heating pad :)

I really suggest forcing yourself to workout and avoid junk food, and if you realize you feel a lot better stick with it. If you feel like you really can't do it or you don't enjoy it, then at least you tried!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    When I get off work tomorrow morning I will hit the gym hard hopefully like you said I wont want to ruin it and this will help. I just really dont want this to turn into a pattern I have been doing so good :(
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yeah its so easy for things to start going down hill when you give yourself an excuse to slip each month. I started my period today. Woke up went for a 3 mile walk instead of my usual 4 mile jog. Laid down on the couch while I ate my breakfast and watched tv. Then later when I got a spout of energy, went to the gym to lift for 45 minutes. Then went back to the couch for some more tv! It kind of helped to break up my work outs so I wasn't completely exhausted. Sometimes I have more energy after my work out. Not to mention I had an excuse to wear stretchy yoga pants all day!
  • Nilasaurus
    Nilasaurus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to have a severe first day, I would not be able to get through it without 2 painkillers(and sometimes even that wouldn't do it) and add to it all the bloating and PMS. Bursting into tears for no reason. I have been working out for almost 2 months now and even though I faced a lot of retention & cramps last time. This time my date came a week earlier & totally took me by surprise. I usually always get to know before my date because of my mood swings & water retention but this time I didn't - there was no water retention(Maybe because I have started drinking a lot of water unlike before) and no cramps. NO CRAMPS.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Yes, about 2 days out of every month I would want to eat every crappy thing in sight, I would gain 2-3 lbs the day before TOM arrived and would stay higher/wouldn't lose until 3-4 days after TOM left.