5 Months and 30lbs Later...

Options
It's been 166 days since I last ended a day without knowing how many calories I had eaten over the course of that day. 8 months ago I was topping out the scale out at around 240lbs and when I started MFP in early June 2013, I was at 231lbs. I was tired of being unhappy with myself and not being able to feel comfortable in my clothes. Someone I work with suggested MFP and so I began not certain that I would be able to stick to it.

Fast-forward to today and, thanks mainly to my support base on MFP, I am wearing a size 32 pants (down from 38-40) and can comfortably wear a size medium shirt (I was filling out an XL when I started this). People comment on my weight loss each week and I've had to buy new clothes (and suits for work) at least twice since starting (and some of the clothes I bought 2 months ago are now too big). Last week I weighed in at 203lbs and can't believe that I'm flirting with almost being under 200lbs- it's crazy.

It's taken dedication to log-in to MFP every meal and track every calorie. I've run many miles since June and I've gone through two Jawbone Up bands tracking my sleep and steps. I've gulped down more water in the last 5 months than I most likely did the entire year before.

Pictures are below! I can't believe I'm here and that my goal of 185lbs is actually on the near horizon!

Thanks for the support many of you give to me and for keeping tracking yourself- it really encourages others when you track your day alongside them!

April 25, 2013

April2013.jpg

November 15, 2013 (First time fitting into a Medium shirt in 10+ years!)

november2013_5.jpg

november2013_2.jpg

November2013.jpg

november2013_4.jpg

Replies

• lbpowers0506
    lbpowers0506 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Finally got the photos uploaded and working correctly!
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    Awesome progress man! You look way happier now. How has losing the weight affected you emotionally? Do you feel like the same person or slightly different? And did you "eat clean" or eat whatever the heck you wanted?
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Well done! You look amazing!
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.... Looks like way more than 30.... Great work:flowerforyou:
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job! and you look so happy :)
  • ratedr79
    ratedr79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.... Looks like way more than 30.... Great work:flowerforyou:

^This. Wow.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE! Great job! :happy:
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All your hard work and effort is paying off!
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WOW an amazing transformation! Congrats on fitting that Medium. You're going to be looking young as the young man standing next to you soon :)
  • lbpowers0506
    lbpowers0506 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    RE: LosingtheDamn

Pretty much just eating whatever. I more conscious of what I eat though and have not had really any fast food (McDonalds, etc.) or pizza. I eat a lot more chicken and have not had a regular soda since June. I just know what my calories are for the day and stay under them- it's hard but if I know I'm going to go over I go running (I have not really lifted during these 5 months but have ran quite a bit). I have not been able to exercise every day but I definitely do on days where my calories are close to being over (or are). If I can't run that day, I eat something else that it better fits my daily calories allowance.

I do generally feel better and more focused. I also used to have back pain quite a bit and now never do... I can certainly feel the 30lbs gone. It has gone by really fast and so I really don't feel that much different and sometimes forget that the weight is gone until I look in a mirror or see a picture.

I'm sure eating clean would have put me at my goal by now, but I wanted this to be a lifestyle that I could realistically stick to over time. I currently have my MFP set to lose 2lbs a week and that has been pretty much the case (except every few weeks when I stay the same as the weigh-in the week before).

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Definitely excited to have reached this point!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! you look so good!! Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Way to go, what a difference 30 pounds makes!
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look great, and like you lost way more than 30 pounds! Congratulations!
  • JillianMarieSoto
    JillianMarieSoto Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love how big of a smile you've got in your progress pics, its brilliant! I wish you continued success and a lifetime of health!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    You've done wonderfully!
    The smile in your dressing room photos is sooo bright!
    You are very wise to practice eating the way
    that will assure success when it's time for Maintenance!
    Best Wishes
    for the remainder of your Weight Loss Journey!
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look great job well done.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Dang ...your smile tells it all. You look great! Love the photo shoot. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Shirley in Oregon (GO DUCKS)
  • Riggers1612
    Riggers1612 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results. Your smile paints a thousand words! Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!