tae bo question..

Options
I have the Tae Bo AMPED series.. it has...

Tae Bo AMPED Jump Start Cardio (41 minutes)
Tae Bo AMPED Fat Burn Accelerator (52 minutes)
Tae Bo AMPED Full Throttle (55 minutes)
Tae Bo AMPED Core Express (31 minutes)
Tae Bo AMPED Live in LA (43 minutes)

Does anybody else have this series? How many more calories do you burn in comparision to REGULAR Tae Bo? I know the most accurate way to measure it is to get a heart rate/calorie monitor but that's not in the budget right now.

When do you know to do the different videos? I have had this for about a year now.. I TRIED to do it last year but I was too heavy and it was too difficult for me to do. But now that I've lost 79 lbs (so far)... I'm able to do it.

A LONG time ago when Tae Bo first came out, I did it religiously but it was the OLD one (like the vhs version lmao).............. it was just ONE video I had.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Replies

• tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have the Tae Bo AMPED series.. it has...

Tae Bo AMPED Jump Start Cardio (41 minutes)
    Tae Bo AMPED Fat Burn Accelerator (52 minutes)
    Tae Bo AMPED Full Throttle (55 minutes)
    Tae Bo AMPED Core Express (31 minutes)
    Tae Bo AMPED Live in LA (43 minutes)

Does anybody else have this series? How many more calories do you burn in comparision to REGULAR Tae Bo? I know the most accurate way to measure it is to get a heart rate/calorie monitor but that's not in the budget right now.

When do you know to do the different videos? I have had this for about a year now.. I TRIED to do it last year but I was too heavy and it was too difficult for me to do. But now that I've lost 79 lbs (so far)... I'm able to do it.

A LONG time ago when Tae Bo first came out, I did it religiously but it was the OLD one (like the vhs version lmao).............. it was just ONE video I had.

Any pointers?

Thanks
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I have this series and I love it but I have no idea what calories I burn. I had 445 in it but I felt like that was too low for an hour. Right now I am going with judo, tae kwando and kickboxing on the menu. That burns 667 an hour which sounds a little more accurate. It really depends on your weight and height too. The smaller you are the less you burn. Some websites say 1200 calories an hour which I think is outrageous, but some say 400. Sorry I can't be more help. I hope someone else has some ideas!
  • richardwelch
    Options
    I would find a site that does calories per excercise by height and/ or weight and use something like "step aerobics" or similar excercise to calculate.

Its pretty important to figure for weight: my buddy and I would pound out 5 milers in about 45 mins and I would burn about 900 cals to his 600, but there was almost 40 lbs difference between us. Still, 100 cals to eat/ not eat can add up...

gl
  • tanzmamma
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. My firend Shana sent me this link ..... (below) to check calories burned and it DOES list Tae Bo... but I'm wondering which that is.. yanno?

The different tae bo tapes have different intensity etc................

Do you alternate the video's you do? I would like to try the fat burn accelerator but WOW 52 min? LOL My "plan" is to do my normal work out MOn, Wed & Saturday's (I run for 40 minutes then do 150 crunches and as many push ups that my weak arms can handle)... and tae bo Tues, Thurs & Sunday's (take Friday off as my relax day).

I guess I wont know till I try it.... but I didnt know if you were supposed to do the jump start for a certain amt of time then move up or what.. I guess you just play it by ear and do what you can do.

Here is that link..
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp

It says that at 185 lbs, doing tae bo for 41 minutes, I burned 615 calories.... I always question those calculators though...... which tae bo tape are they talking about? LOL!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I did the jump start the first time but I kind of alternate depending on what I feel like I can do that day. My favorite is the fat burning one. I love that one. And the LA Live is pretty good too. I have been doing this set for over two weeks and I can tell a huge difference especially in my arms, and I don't even have the bar. The Rockin' buns is one I have not defeated yet. lol I would think that the newer tae bo tapes burn more calories than the old ones. I think I had mine calori burn set too low because even with all the exercise the pounds haven't been coming off. I upped the burn (lol) so I could eat more calories and we'll see what happens.
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I do the taebo amped sculpt express (45) minutes and I wear my polar f6 heart rate monitor. I burn about 300 calories.
  • tanzmamma
    Options
    Thanks everybody!

I am really hoping this helps my arms..... I am pretty happy with everywhere else.. except my tummy and ARMS! So..... we shall see!!!!!