P90x question....

Options
Monday I'm starting P90x. I have my exercise area all ready but I have a problem. My stupid pull up bar won't fit on ANY of the doors in my basement and I know pull ups are a big part of P90x. I am so upset! Anything else I can do?

I can't change my workout area because the basement is the only place to do my exercises. Please help!

Replies

• billsyts
    billsyts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I was trying P90X, I used the bands over a door jam. It is not as much resistance as a pull-up bar, but it is a good way to work up to a pull-up bar, and would give you something while you figure out how to remedy the situation.

BTW, if you keep track of you calories burned in MFP, how do you figure out the workouts for P90X? I have not found a good way to estimate that, yet.
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You can do the pull-up exercises using the resistance band. Find a stable place to hang the band so you can do pull-down movements with it.

Other than that there isn't much you can do.

Pull-ups are not a "big part" of the program. You could effectively cut out pull ups all together and still get results. I would start the program and do what you can.

Why wont your pull-up bar fit? Doorways too small/large?
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem like MFP does calculations for calories burned during strength training. I would calculate most of the p90x stuff as cardio for 45 minutes. I don't think there is an accurate way to do this with MFP.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    You can do the pull-up exercises using the resistance band. Find a stable place to hang the band so you can do pull-down movements with it.

Other than that there isn't much you can do.

Pull-ups are not a "big part" of the program. You could effectively cut out pull ups all together and still get results. I would start the program and do what you can.

Why wont your pull-up bar fit? Doorways too small/large?

Doorways are too big. I like the resistance band idea. Thanks!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    When I was trying P90X, I used the bands over a door jam. It is not as much resistance as a pull-up bar, but it is a good way to work up to a pull-up bar, and would give you something while you figure out how to remedy the situation.

BTW, if you keep track of you calories burned in MFP, how do you figure out the workouts for P90X? I have not found a good way to estimate that, yet.

Thanks for the idea. I use a HRM to calculate my calories burned.