Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOL in for laughing good job though
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

There are many ways to go after weight loss, I *personally* much prefer the high-burn, lots-of-food approach.

Me too! I like room for a snack or a treat; those who deprive themselves confound me. :smile:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mc85ie5KlW1qaksomo1_400.gif

also, this little hobbit is also jealous of your TDEE. :grumble:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is 1750 calories

I hate you:angry::angry:

You're also a little pocket person. You can fit in small spaces and stuff.

Aren't those hobbits? Hobbits are the best! My TDEE is 1800.

Hobbits must have a high TDEE despite their small stature. They eat all the time and I haven't seen too many overweight hobbits.

OP: Awesome post.
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What does TDEE stand for? sorry, newbie
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    What does TDEE stand for? sorry, newbie

Total Daily Energy Expenditure ....aka the calories you need to maintain your weight. If you eat under your tdee, you lose weight.
  • nicole_louise7
    Options
    I checked scoobys online…according to that my BMR is 1645 and my TDEE 2262…so how many calories should I eat and should I eat my exercise calories back based on these numbers?
    I am 27 yrs old 178cm and 83kg…desk job, gym 3 times a week for 50 min with cardio and some weights.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    my tdee is about 1645 :cry:
  • ToxicTinkerbell
    ToxicTinkerbell Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Haaaaaalleelujaaah! So what they say is really true?! Who knew!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is 1750 calories

Fun sized... FUN SIZED :angry:

LOL. Love to eat, that's how I got where I am. I will take my TDEE-20% over 1200 any day. Great job OP!

Edited for spelling: I suck at it!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is 1750 calories

Hobbits must have a high TDEE despite their small stature. They eat all the time and I haven't seen too many overweight hobbits.

OP: Awesome post.

Yay for OP both for your losses, and for doing the research to do it right!

I'm also so glad to see the small gals speak up! I too am small and very jealous of OP's TDEE. We small gals have to be very careful and budget wisely.

And yes there are fat hobbits. I would show you a picture of one (me four years ago!), but I think I burned them all!
  • nicole_louise7
    Options
    HALP please ^^^^^^^ my question above. Need advice. So confused.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous, my TDEE is only about 2050 and that's working out 3x a week. Then again I'm only 5'1 and it's going to go down too as I get closer to goal :(. I'm laughing at the fun sized comment above!

Congrats on your loss so far and not depriving yourself to get there :).
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I checked scoobys online…according to that my BMR is 1645 and my TDEE 2262…so how many calories should I eat and should I eat my exercise calories back based on these numbers?
    I am 27 yrs old 178cm and 83kg…desk job, gym 3 times a week for 50 min with cardio and some weights.

Between 1645 and 2262 without eating your exercise calories since they are already included in your TDEE number. Note that those are theoretic numbers and you might have to adjust your daily calories.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Between 1645 and 2262 without eating your exercise calories since they are already included in your TDEE number. Note that those are theoretic numbers and you might have to adjust your daily calories.

Indeed. Pick a number in that range, track diligently, observe results after X weeks (say, six). Personally, I'd start at the high end of that range because I'd rather find the max calories I could eat while still making progress toward my goal, but that's just me. Regardless of what you decide to use to start, don't worry about it being the *perfect* "right" answer...it's just a starting point. Even if you don't lose anything at all, or even gain a little, it's more data on which to make tweaks.

Even as a guy at 2700 TDEE (non-exercise) currently, I still have to tweak my targets occasionally depending on progress towards my goals. There is no one right answer that always fits.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Nooo ;__; my TDEE is 1463
    This is unfair.
    I want all the food okay.
  • nicole_louise7
    Options
    Thanks for your help guys…I think I will try 1700-1800 on non work out days and 2000 on work out days and see how that goes. I really need to start weighing my food as at the moment I am only guessing. I am definitely keen to eat as much as possible!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    Just checked my TDEE and amazingly MFP actually has me right on track for TDEE-20! Yay~! Truly believe calories in have to be less than calories out. If I want to eat, I have to move.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!