is 20 mins of HIIT exercise/day enough?

Options
I need help with my exercise routine! I am eating healthy most of the time. Currently, i am doing Jilian M.'s 30 Day Shred. Its about 20-30 mins long and i was wondering if thats enough exercise per day? If not, can anyone give me any good workout routine? The problem with me is if its too long, i get bored easily and i have a bad back so any advice on what i should do? Im 25 yrs old, 5 ft 2'in and weighs 147 lbs. i wanted to loose atleast 30-40 lbs and atleast be down 125-120 by febuary 15. I would appreciate your input! Thank you

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You need to count your calories is you want to lose weight. Just eating "healthy" won't do it and you can't out exercise over eating.
  • Im not over eating ang yes i do count my calories.
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    If you get your diet right you don't need to exercise to lose weight. So 20-30 mins a day is more than enough if you are just looking to lose weight.
  • lstroth1
    lstroth1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Do you like dancing? If you have wii or xbox 360 with kinect you can get the Just Dance games pretty cheap (especially the older versions) Dancing can burn a lot of calories and it can be a fun way to burn calories over plain old walking.

Or do you have access to a pool and enjoy swimming. I think since you have committed to doing Jillian Michaels programs you need to find some version of physical activity that you would enjoy so it doesn't seem like work. Then the extra stuff wouldn't bore you.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    If you get your diet right you don't need to exercise to lose weight. So 20-30 mins a day is more than enough if you are just looking to lose weight.

QFT.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Just doing some rough numbers, but running a 850 cal deficit for the 12 weeks and 5 days tween now and then should get you to 125.
    Getting that deficit through exercise or not eating doesn't really matter....as long as all you care about is the scale.
    The exercise will help with the rocking part. Also pay attention to what you are eating as that will as well. Lots of protein, and maybe throw some weights into the mix as well so there is some good foundation to look at once the fat is gone.