Calories Left but no protein or sugar

Options
I hope someone can help....I am at 1200 Calories ..I notice that I have extra calories (200+) but almost no protein or sugar left. Im sorry if this has been asked countless times but I really need some info, Obviously I can eat things low in sugar to get more calories in and thats fine but I will end up going over my protein. I heard that the proteins are set very low on here so Im assuming its ok to go over on them??? Opinions?

Thanks

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Eat more calories.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The protein default level is really low - dont stress about going over it.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I eat over the amount of protein every day. I eat 100 to 150 grams of protein a day. So yeah just eat more.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    MFP's sugar limit is ridiculously low, eat whatever you want.
  • Annabella116
    Options
    Thank you all I figured it was ok..but I just wanted to make sure and see what everyone had to say : )
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It seems like you need to learn more about nutrition before you try to lose weight. I hope someone can post a link to a good no-bull**** summary of nutrition for weight loss.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It seems like you need to learn more about nutrition before you try to lose weight. I hope someone can post a link to a good no-bull**** summary of nutrition for weight loss.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Annabella116
    Options
    I know about nutrition...I eat healthy and am not terribly overweight....I asked the question because I wasnt sure....thanks anyway Besides it seems everyone else understands and said the sugar and proteins are set very low.. Please dont assume this means I dont know about nutrition. Thanks
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to start an argument. I apologize if you were offended by my post. Many people--including myself-- have been misinfomed about nutrition and what you wrote indicated that you may not understand it well. I tried losing weight many times but I was only successful once I really read up on nutrition from reliable sources (Not popular media!).
  • Annabella116
    Options
    Its ok....Im sure none of us are experts myself included....no offense taken. We all need to be informed... Thanks
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

^Read this.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

^Read this.

^^^ Yes, read this :-)
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options

^Read this.

^^^ Yes, read this :-)

^^^ yeah read it. Because if you're concerned about going over in protein you could stand to learn more about nutrition and how it applies to weight loss.

No one is suggesting there is any shame in that! But knowledge is power. :flowerforyou:

A high protein diet, unless taken to ridiculous excess won't hurt you. Unless you are neglecting other macros to keep your cals down excess protein is probably never a bad thing.
  • Annabella116
    Options
    I have read alot of conflicting things about protein ....thats why I was asking....some say dont go over other say its ok...I was really wondering why the protein was set so low....
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have read alot of conflicting things about protein ....thats why I was asking....some say dont go over other say its ok...I was really wondering why the protein was set so low....

This site is a breeding ground for misinformation. We've all been taken in by it at one time or another.

Follow that link. Sara and Sidesteel know their stuff and just as importantly they present it in a clear, organized, accessible fashion. If you're going to follow any advice you read about here you could hardly do better than theirs.

In fact, I'd like to buy them a round. :drinker:
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Absolutely read that ^^^ and this: http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Avocado is always my go to when I need extra calories not from protein.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

It is set low as it is based on the rather archaic RDA guidelines. The issue is, the RDA guidelines are based on studies that underestimate requirements, and are based on a relatively sedentary person not at a deficit. Being at a deficit and being active increases your protein requirements. Compound that with the fact that the 'allotment' is based on a percentage of calories, which by definition is low, you get a number that is not optimal and usually not even adequate.