T-J Miracle Soup

Options
I just made my first batch of the T-J Miracle Soup so I would have a good snack when I get home in the afternoon without adding a lot of calories to my diet. I am curious what else you can add that will "spice" it up some. I guess it comes down to personal preference but I was looking for some ideas. Thanks.

Replies

• cmcqb
    cmcqb Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Do you have a recipe for this soup? Why is it called Miracle soup?
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    "T-J Miracle Soup can be eaten at any time when you feel hungry in the day. Eat as much as you wish and as often as you like. This soup will not add calories, so eat all you want. The more you eat, the more you lose."

Heh, it's a miracle, it's food with no calories!

It appears to be the traditional cabbage diet soup.
    ---

To the OP:

Herbs and spices shouldn't affect the miracle that is this soup. Throw in some cayenne or chili powder.
  • razorback47
    Options
    I dont know why it is called that. I guess because you can eat all you want with no calories. Here is the recipe.

T-J MIRACLE SOUP
    6 large onions, 2 green peppers, 4 whole tomatoes (fresh or canned), 1 head of cabbage, 1 large stalk of celery. Season with dry onion soup mix. Cut vegetables and cover with water in a large pot. Boil for 10 minutes, cover, lower heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender. T-J Miracle Soup can be eaten at any time when you feel hungry. East as much as you wish and as often as you like. This soup will not add calories, so eat all you want. The more you eat, the more you lose...
  • razorback47
    Options
    I was thinking about some cayenne.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This sounds REALLY good, I'll have to try it! :drinker:

All those things that you listed have calories, except for the water. It's good to see that you understand that since you said in the OP "without adding a lot of calories", rather than saying "no" calories :smile:

First thing that comes to mind for me with this is garlic salt or garlic powder to spice it up. But I'm a big fan of garlic! Again, thanks!

Edit: Typo. Hate those.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    This soup will not add calories, so eat all you want. The more you eat, the more you lose...

False and more false.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I just made my first batch of the T-J Miracle Soup so I would have a good snack when I get home in the afternoon without adding a lot of calories to my diet. I am curious what else you can add that will "spice" it up some. I guess it comes down to personal preference but I was looking for some ideas. Thanks.

Is that like the Anytime Soup? My boyfriend likes to make that, which has plenty of vegetables, seasonings, cabbage, and chicken. It's supposed to be very low in calories. He loves it and will sometimes eat it as a snack instead of reaching for something higher calorie.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    "T-J Miracle Soup can be eaten at any time when you feel hungry in the day. Eat as much as you wish and as often as you like. This soup will not add calories, so eat all you want. The more you eat, the more you lose."

---

To the OP:

Herbs and spices shouldn't affect the miracle that is this soup. Throw in some cayenne or chili powder.

Yep, that's the same thing as the Anytime Soup, except it's low in calories not calorie free. The honey loves it, though, because he said it's very filling. However, he does not use it as a "diet," as he eats around 2,000 calories a day (he's active but does not add exercise in).

No eating soup and thinking it's a miracle. It's just a food like any other. I love low cal soups, especially in the winter.

There is also no such thing as "the more your eat the more you lose weight" of any kind of food.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

---

To the OP:

It's not a miracle. It's just a depression era style soup. That said, yes, add some siracha or something spicy.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The only miracle to the soup is the low calories combined with the fact that it's a diuretic ;) but in all honesty, I can't even eat that soup without gagging now, a reflex from the number of times I did the week plan (never really helped in the long run for me, haha). We I used to make it ,though, I added curry paste to mine to kick it up a little bit. Don't know if you're a fan of thai food or not, but it gives it some zing :)
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mmmm cabbage soup <3. I like to add garlic to everything and I really like oregano, parsley, marjoram, sage and bay leaves in soups.

To add some kick, use your favourite hot sauce :).
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    So funny. Wake up and smell the roses. No such thing as zero calorie anything. Is anyone really that dumb?
  • cmcqb
    cmcqb Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Is that like the Anytime Soup? My boyfriend likes to make that, which has plenty of vegetables, seasonings, cabbage, and chicken. It's supposed to be very low in calories. He loves it and will sometimes eat it as a snack instead of reaching for something higher calorie.

Thank you. Sounds like the cabbage soup recipe minus the chicken. I plan to make sme this weekend as I make a pot of some kind of soup each Sunday.