Nike Free Run 2
  • effrontery
    effrontery Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Brooks Glycerin--love them.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Whoa I've never seen people in my gym train barefoot before. I think it's a rule, in fact, to always have covered footwear on. What's the logic behind training barefoot? (Not trolling, genuinely curious)

I lift at home.

Its best to lift with no compression and no lift in the heel (except squats re lift). A lot of people lift in vibrams.

The owner of my gym doesn't mind. But that's because it's me :)
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Its best to lift with no compression and no lift in the heel (except squats re lift). A lot of people lift in vibrams.

Why do you need a heel for squats? I do all my lifts either barefoot or in my Chucks. Should I be changing shoes after squats? (I've only been lifting a few months)
  • rbcrawford1
    rbcrawford1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nike Free Bionic for lifting and Asics GT-2170 for running, Zumba, and step.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Whoa I've never seen people in my gym train barefoot before. I think it's a rule, in fact, to always have covered footwear on. What's the logic behind training barefoot? (Not trolling, genuinely curious)

I have a gym at home, so that's why I can weight lift barefoot.:happy:
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Nike free 5.0 and nike flex
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    brooks adrenaline or ravenna. best shoes ever
  • camellott
    camellott Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've got a pair of Mizuno's with custom inserts and they are HEAVEN.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ravenna for road running, Brooks Cascadia for trail running, Vibram Five Fingers Bikila for lifting and martial arts.
  • DeputySox
    Options
    New Balance Leadville trail shoes and New Balance Trail Minimus Zeros.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Goretex UK Army boots.
    I was using some flat soled slip-on shoes, but oddly enough the fairly cheap shoes aren't doing so well having repeatedly had over 225kg through them with me and the weights.
    Want to get some proper weight lifting shoes. Could try it shoeless, but it's pretty cold and the weights are in an old mill unit so not the cleanest of floors for socks.

Some knackered Asics running shoes for running.
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Vibrams Five Fingers.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Nike free 5.0 but I've found that they feel "loose" now and my feet move around a lot in them. I don't like doing things barefoot so not sure how I'd feel about the "toe" shoes
  • inky16
    inky16 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was actually going to post something asking for show suggestions. I'm just getting started with this whole exercising thing, but realized my everyday sneakers (Pumas) make my pinky toes go numb if I walk in them for too long or whenever I'm on the elliptical... such a strange feeling! I'm not hardcore into this (yet!), just need something comfy. Any suggestions??
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    lifting and other non running low impact workouts : merrell barefoot pace
    running :brooks pure connect
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nike training shoes.. not running, but training..
    I'm not sure what the difference is but they feel a LOT better :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Why do you need a heel for squats? I do all my lifts either barefoot or in my Chucks. Should I be changing shoes after squats? (I've only been lifting a few months)

You do not need one. It *may* help your squats, particularly front and high bar, but it depends on the individual. I would not worry about it and lift in your chucks.