New and Ready - Wanna join me?

Options
I am brand new here and looking to lose 45 pounds and be at my goal weight for my birthday this summer. My goals are bigger than numbers, I'd like to be able to wear a bikini to the beach this summer and not bring 3 coverups just in case. I'd like to run a 5k for fun. I'd love to go into any store I want to and feel HAPPY in the dressing room.

I love to give support, and I need the motivation.

I am 5'11 and 24 years old!

Replies

• Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a little older than you, but have very similar goals - with the amount of weight i have to lose, the bikini, the wanting to feel HAPPY. I've been logging fairly consistently for about 10 months, but definitely need another kick start. I've lost about 25 pounds (I have 3 kids, so slow and steady for me). I did do a 5K this summer, but hurt my knee a couple of months ago, so have regressed. Would love to have some new friends to support, encourage and motivate and get the same in return. Feel free to add me!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have pretty similar goals, I started out with about 60 pounds to lose and am now about 30 from my goal weight. I am also trying to train up for a 5k but the weather here has killed any running for the last couple of weeks. Feel free to add me, I log in daily and my dairy is open.
  • 170isreal
    170isreal Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You sound motivated, keep it up girl we got this!:smile:
  • kpierson1987
    kpierson1987 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I have similar goals...I would like to lose 50 pounds to start with. I just had a baby and need to rid the baby weight!
  • Judeeschete
    Judeeschete Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As far as the weight loss goes I can't offer much help, but training for that 5k maybe I can give some tips.

I run every single day, but to ask that off the bat isn't realistic.

I'd say start on a track (if you have access to one): Sprint the Straights and walk the curves. Do this for 16 laps (3mi.)
    Your goal is to make sure that every sprint is roughly the same time. Take the curves slow to get your energy back.
    The sprints should be full speed.

I'd say do this once maybe twice a week.

On another day, just run the distance, non stop, at a pace you can sustain and time yourself and log it. Do this once a week.

After you get pretty comfortable start sprinting 200m which is a straight and a curve, and walk 100m, rinse and repeat until you get comfortable enough and build up until you run an entire lap, and then walk 100m to the point that all of your times for one lap (400m) are roughly the same time.

As you go you will definitely see your speed and stamina increase in huge bounds.

Also, get good sleep and eat well. If you know the route of the 5k you're running, go there about a week before and run the route once or twice to get a feel for it.
  • Judeeschete
    Judeeschete Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also if you don't have access to a track, you can simulate this on a tread mill, but treadmill running is nothing like running in the elements and actually kills your time.
  • aaronm314
    Options
    My biggest suggestion is get a kitchen scale to weigh your foods.