Converting bounces on rebounder to steps?

Options
Anyone have any idea how this might work? I'm not big on walking, personally, but bouncing on my rebounder (mini-trampoline) is something I enjoy a lot (especially with my headphones on). I know there's the goal of walking 10,000 steps a day (5 miles), but I'm curious if there's a way to convert the bounces I do on my rebounder to steps?

(And also the matter of how many calories it burns - I suspect the WEIGHT * 0.0643 = calories/minute thing is for serious jumping and simultaneous exercising, not just mild bouncing that I do.)

Replies

• Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Drat, guess no one knows. :(
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if anyone gave you a number, they would be guessing. This might sound harsh, but my advice would be to cut the crap and start exercising for real. If you're going to do it, do it.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Fitbit, and it counts my steps on the rebounder! So excited. I would highly recommend either using a pedometer or other device to measure steps if you are walking on your rebounder. For bouncing, you will need a Heart Rate Monitor to precisely calculate your calorie burn.

Enjoy your rebounder; it does provide a means of exercise that is gentle to your knees!
  • emphoto2003
    emphoto2003 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use my rebounder all the time with my fitbit. It counts the steps just like as if you were running on pavement. It's not a crappy exercise as mentioned above. I get my heart rate up and it's easier on my joints. Keep at it!
  • iwaly444
    iwaly444 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FrnkLft wrote: »
    Seriously, if anyone gave you a number, they would be guessing. This might sound harsh, but my advice would be to cut the crap and start exercising for real. If you're going to do it, do it.

The biggest win for me using a Rebounder is moving my Lympth system. I combine rebounding, walking, stationary bike. Remember y'all Breathe. All the very best , to the My Fitness Pal ppl.☀️🌼🐝🦋
  • iwaly444
    iwaly444 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Samuraiko wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how this might work? I'm not big on walking, personally, but bouncing on my rebounder (mini-trampoline) is something I enjoy a lot (especially with my headphones on). I know there's the goal of walking 10,000 steps a day (5 miles), but I'm curious if there's a way to convert the bounces I do on my rebounder to steps?

(And also the matter of how many calories it burns - I suspect the WEIGHT * 0.0643 = calories/minute thing is for serious jumping and simultaneous exercising, not just mild bouncing that I do.)

Hi☺️
    Hope the recommends helped u...how r u doing with ur workout?
    All the very best ☀️🌼🐝🦋
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    iwaly444 wrote: »
    Samuraiko wrote: »

Hi☺️
    Hope the recommends helped u...how r u doing with ur workout?
    All the very best ☀️🌼🐝🦋

You are posting in a thread that is over SEVEN YEARS OLD.

The last time Samuraiko made a post was in 2016.

Jus' sayin. Maybe start your own thread if this is an important topic for you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, stay active. If you get bored, check out YouTube for new ideas. Bellicon and Arnita Champion have free workouts.