Am I losing too much weight too quickly?

Options
Ok, so I was pushing 180 on October 1st, and now I'm coming in at 163-164. That's with me weighing at the very end of the day, after having consumed food and water. I have been eating super clean with only 2 carb binges, but I am afraid I am losing too quickly. I work out 5-6 days a week, and the first 4 weeks I was focusing more on an hour of cardio everyday, but now I am doing a bit less cardio, and introducing heavier weighted machines. I eat what feels to me like a lot. I gained about 25 pounds over the past year from poor diet and binge drinking, but I've since quit. Is this weight loss too much in too short a time? I'm worried. Thanks.

Replies

• UserConfirmed
    Options
    That equates to 2.46 pounds of lost weight per week with a deficit of 5.146 kJ per day. Slightly above the 1 - 2.2 pounds per week that dietitians recommend but you should not have any adverse medical conditions (excluding any physical injury you may receive while exercising) unless you already have some underlying medical condition which can be exacerbated you are worried about.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Did you lose a lot of it in the first week or two? It was likely a fair amount of water that you lost with the fat.

Congrats :)
  • sarahlanzon
    sarahlanzon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're worried you're losing too much weight, try mantaining the weight you lost for 2 or more weeks, every so often. That way you know you won't pile it all back on.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The phrase carb binge makes me think you are eating a low carb diet. Much of what you've lost is water.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I did the same amount in the same time frame. Just go with it for now. Eat at what the program tells you. Should slow down on its own.