Easy healthy recipes?

Options
Hi! Dance kept me thin in highschool, but I gained about 15 pounds in college -- I think due to drinking and the cafeteria. Now I've moved off campus and am cooking my own food... but I don't really know how to cook! Especially anything healthy and satisfying! Ideas?!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    If you go to community under recipes there are alot of good ideas. If you have a crockpot go to the crockpot recipes there are some good and easy ones
  • roshsdisch
    Options
    I use a cook book called Cooking Light. It breaks down the nutritional info at the bottom of every recipe. So far they seem to be tasty, and somewhat easy depending on what you choose to make. The cookbook is really big so a lot to choose from.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Good basic- chicken and rice (and choice of veggies). Boil the rice most of the way, cook the chicken in the frying pan, but with PAM. When the chicken is done add the rice, the veggies and splash in water until the rice is as fluffy as you like it.

This is a great base as you can make a bajillion variations- boil the rice (1/3 c dry+2/3 c water= 1 cup cooked rice) in chicken broth and lemon juice with baby carrots for Lemon chicken. Mix in taco seasoning (i prefer homemade cuz I can control the sodium) for no shell tacos (I like to use frozen peas, some times black beans). Or instead of water, just get a little can of tomato sauce (the like 69 cent cans) and sprinkle on some cheese for Chicken parm (I use spinach with this one). And you can make 2 portions (2/3 cup rice, 1 1/3 c water; and about 6-8oz chicken) and just pack it up right away for lunch the next day!