Eating bred

Options
2»

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    It is a staple in my diet both store bought and I also bake my own (Banana nut bread, Pumpkin nut bread, etc).... Best of Luck

Sounds delicious!

Send me a slice or two....
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I eat some bread most days and enjoy it. It hasn't hurt my weight loss/maintenance goals. If you're intolerant to wheat and/or gluten, then it will cause you problems. Otherwise, enjoy. Not sure how I feel about egg white sandwiches though.
    Not sure what you mean about the egg white sandwiches?

probably meant that all the flavor and nutrition of the egg is in the yolk? i dunno what they meant but i know that's why I avoid egg anything that avoid the yolk out of an attempt to make it seem healthy
    Yeah, just meant that I can't see egg white sandwiches being something that would appeal to me. Each to their own though. :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was bred for eating as well.
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Gotcha:wink: ! I use an english muffin,egg whites,low fat ham and a fat free cheese slice. I am quite addicted to the :wink:
    I eat some bread most days and enjoy it. It hasn't hurt my weight loss/maintenance goals. If you're intolerant to wheat and/or gluten, then it will cause you problems. Otherwise, enjoy. Not sure how I feel about egg white sandwiches though.
    Not sure what you mean about the egg white sandwiches?

probably meant that all the flavor and nutrition of the egg is in the yolk? i dunno what they meant but i know that's why I avoid egg anything that avoid the yolk out of an attempt to make it seem healthy
    Yeah, just meant that I can't see egg white sandwiches being something that would appeal to me. Each to their own though. :smile:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    It's one staple I pretty much quit so I can enjoy other things that are carblicious! On vacation I purchased a loaf of Sara
    Lee 45g carb bread. Not bad IMHO. The bread alone is under 100 for a sandwhich. Worth trying it. :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I like English muffins. I get the Thomas brand light multi-grain English muffins, Healthy Life 35 calorie per slice whole wheat bread, and Ole Xtreme Wellness high fiber low carb tortillas.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was bred for eating as well.

Coincidentally, so was I.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Assuming you don't have PCOS

:huh: People with PCOS are not allowed to eat bread? :noway:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Gotcha:wink: ! I use an english muffin,egg whites,low fat ham and a fat free cheese slice. I am quite addicted to the :wink:

Yuck, why are you afraid of fat? Especially when fat from eggs, pork, and cheese are incredibly healthy fats.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I didn't say that, now did I?. However, many folks with PCOS are advised to eat a lower carb diet, and many find that bread, in particular, causes problems for them.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't eat as much bread as I used to and tend to eat more sandwich thins, whole wheat pita, etc., but when I'm in a restaurant or bakery and have an opportunity to eat great bread, I definitely take advantage of it. Nothing wrong with bread. I just stay in my calorie levels and enjoy.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options

I didn't say that, now did I?. However, many folks with PCOS are advised to eat a lower carb diet, and many find that bread, in particular, causes problems for them.

I have Pcos/Type2 diabetes .. by rarely eating bread,my measurements/pounds have dropped so I agree with this commentary ^^.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I have Pcos/Type2 diabetes .. by rarely eating bread,my measurements/pounds have dropped so I agree with this commentary ^^.
    I have a family member who's a registered dietician who works primarily with women with PCOS and others who are trying to conceive. She's had great luck with both groups by having them cut down down on the carbs especially those from grains/gluten etc.
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Yuck, why are you afraid of fat? Especially when fat from eggs, pork, and cheese are incredibly healthy fats.
    I am not afraid of fat! I eat plenty of healthy oil including butter, olive oil, coconut oil and MCT. That is just how I choose to make my breakfast sandwiches.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Plain bread's nasty. The only bread that I like has to have something else, like sugar (Hawaiian sweet rolls), garlic, cheese, so I try to stay away from those types of breads bc they're not so good for you. But, I don't shy away from bread just bc it's a carb.
  • lyndamorag
    lyndamorag Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Banana nut bread sounds fab, recipe please
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I eat one pita/flat bread thing with turkey lunch meat for lunch every day, I just make sure it is healthy wheat/multi grain and two slices of sara Lee multi grain 45 calorie(a slice) bread a day too. But no white bread now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Banana nut bread sounds fab, recipe please

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/makeover-banana-nut-bread-3-pts.html

Absolutely fantastic.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the spelling error,just woke up and on my first coffee of the day.lol

Don't worry about it, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to spell correctly in a thread title. IDK why. But if you have your big girl panties on it can make for some great humor!

I am actually surprised it took this long in the thread before anyone said ANYTHNG about this... I clicked on the thread thinking well yeah we are an eating breed... what of it??? LOL. Then no jokes... none (so far)...

Anyway about the bread, eat it... it's yummy!