How to make thigh slimmer.Help!

Options
I have a really big thighs and mid calf. I am now in my 2nd week turning 3rd week of my diet. I am doing Zumba fitness and stationary bike daily, (though not too long yet). Of course aside from counting my calories very close.

But I do not know if my thigh and mid calf would also become smaller, Does anybody know anything on how to slim down thighs and mid calf?

Please help

Replies

• p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie deficit and you'll lose inches from all over your body.

Unfortunately, you can't control where it comes from first.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. Just keep doing what you're doing.
  • jessikabrook
    jessikabrook Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's only been 3 weeks! Give it time. And yeah, you can't spot reduce. x
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    "you can't spot reduce" this is true.. unfortunately. And sadly, everyone on this thread is going to say it… HOWEVER I have found that the most effective way to shed some inches on the thighs is to do HIIT cardio on the treadmill!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,151 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and time will get rid of it.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've been eating at a deficit and doing strength training and crossfit, both of which had a lot of squats if different kinds. In the last month I have lost 12.5 inches all over. The most was in my thighs. :) Though you can't spot reduce..
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    cardio
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I agree that you cannot spot reduce, that being said, I have found that squats really help tighten and tone the thighs and calves.
    There is a great squat challenge on here that I have done twice with amazing results!
    Good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sculpture, with a scalpel and stitches. Or a calorie deficit works too. See legs.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Do they still sell Suzanne Sommer's thigh master?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Do they still sell Suzanne Sommer's thigh master?

No but I totally saw one at a yard sale and I made fun of the guy selling it,
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ditto what everyone else said. But it may help you to take your measurements now and then even if you can't see a difference you will be able to see a difference in the measurements over time.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Try the Nike Training Club app if you have an android phone. You can end your workouts a few days/week with 15 minute leg slimming workouts or do overall body workouts at your level. Need to be on wifi when you download the app and it takes a lot of room but it's free, there are videos of each workout, it gives you a time countdown, etc. if you are motivated and put together some upbeat music, you can put your phone down in front of you and crank out a trainer-quality work out with minimal equipment. Don't be embarrassed if you are not the most coordinated - everyone will be jealous of how hard you are working and how good the exercise combinations are. It's when you are sitting on a stationary bike (no offense) that people look at you and think it's a shame that you aren't going to be much progress there. Also remember to work on your shoulders and arms because that will give you a wider, toned stature on top that will give you an hourglass shape.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Couldn't tell you, I've been at it for years and I still have fat thighs.
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've lost 56 lbs so far and unfortunately not one iota on/in my calves. Ah genetics! My thighs are a little slimmer and I agree with everyone else, lots of squats and cardio will help.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yoga!
  • swet02
    swet02 Posts: 52
    Options
    Just thought I needed to do a little bit more than what I am doing now to make my legs and mid calf slimmer. What I do always see with big people becoming slim is that they thighs, legs and mid calfs are still big.
  • Beckaroo94
    Options
    Just keep dieting. Over time you'l lose both muscle and fat and your thighs will get smaller. I know how you feel though, I look at my thighs alot of days and think "WHY AREN'T YOU THIN YET!?"

I think we both have to be patient, you're only on week 3 like you say :) Maybe take a measurement of the thickest part of your thigh and calf, then remeasure in a month or so? I just took measurements the other day of my hips and waist, and will probably start tracking my thighs too
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the women in your family. Do they have similar body shapes? If so, chances are you may not be able to slim down certain body shapes. (Unless they are all overweight, so this might just be a similar trait for holding onto body fat.)

In my family, we are almost all pear shaped. However, that being said, thankfully I've lost weight all over and have a very hour glass shape. (At least I look good in clothes.) :)
  • KathieSwenson
    Options
    In my experience you cannot loose from your calves. I was a hurdler in high school and have huge calves. I lost inches everywhere but there. That being said you cannot spot reduce. Your body is going to pull from the place it has the most stores first then work from there. Take your measurements once a week and see if you are loosing inches. Also If you have access to a body flow class it may help. The toning in it will help reduce inches as you build up that lean muscle. It is Thai chi, yoga and Pilates.