BMI, Body fat calipers. Help! Confused.

Options
I am 5'9 176 and my goal weight is 155 (that is my skinny and fit weight).

Best body fat analysis method? I have fat calipers and with those measurements gave me 23-24.5%. BMI calculator 26% and another method using body measurements oh a horrifyingly awful 33%. Now way is it 33% but still seems terrifying that number even came up. I think I fall somewhere in between like 25% ??? Anyone have experience with body fat analysis? is BMI % the same as body fat %?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    BMI is not the same as body fat, no.

If at 155 lbs you were 20% BF ("skinny") then an extra 21 lbs of fat at 176 would put you at 29.5% BF.
  • chrtyanderson
    Options
    I now realize that about the BMI and BF. So do you have experience with fat calipers? I have done numerous different measurements and have gotten the exact same range of 23 to 24.5%. What are other accurate ways to document body fat. I am fairly solid and always have been I am not new to exercise at all and have been weight lifting and have definition on my abs and arms so honestly would be shocked to find out I had an actual body fat percentage 29.5%. Just trying to figure this whole bf thing out and maybe I just need to stop worrying about it and go on a long run,lol. Thanks for the input though:)