Where do I start...?

Options
Well, I am not sure where to start. I have been struggling with my weight since the age of 15. Provided I lived off a very cheap and unhealthy diet because my mother could not afford healthier alternatives. I ended up with terrible eating addictions and habits even to this day. Its hard to shake a bad/addicting habit to begin with but one of the hardest things to break is a bad eating habit.. Typically my mind and my body work in separate ways. Where my mind wants to go for a jog my body wants to sit and play video games and eat. I joined MFP to hopefully get some support and finally lose that weight and find healthier alternatives and tone up like I always pictured in my heart.

Replies

• webchicken
    webchicken Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, the first step was coming here and setting up an account ....I don't have the answers for you , but hopefully someone will come along soon that knows a bit more about that than i and help you out . Take small steps and work hard is the best advice I can give .
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's NEVER too late to start :wink:
  • jnmaddock
    jnmaddock Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you are here you are already in the right mindset

I'm sure everyone on here can help you to achieve your goals.

Just keep logging in!
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Get some friends (feel free to add me if u like) to help motivate and hold you accountable. Make small changes. Something you can stick with. Add more later. Then ad more later, and so on. Make too many big changes it can be tough to sustain. Good luck!
  • evilemma72
    evilemma72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well all I can talk about are my experiences... for me this is the best weight loss method I have ever come across, and I have tried a few :) you have taken the hardest step which is identifying the day you start your diet.... it will be a long journey but so so worth it. Welcome and congratulations on finding all these lovely MFP members to help you x
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, "This is the best place to start", So you're already on the route to a new you!,

No one can tell you how, when.. just offer advice along the way! The only person keeping you UNHEALTHY is YOU!, The only person that can make you HEALTHIER is YOU!
    And YOU deserve better than what you currently have.

Its not easy, but its sooooo worth it. YOU are worth it!.

Add a few friends, ( me if you like ), (Take some advice - up to you how you use it tho) and start living the life you deserve!

Lissa