C25K DONE!!

Options
Phaedra2014
Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
I completed 8 weeks of C25K last week and had no problems running for 30 minutes today. It's a huge success story for me because I've never run before. I didn't even know if I'd be capable of finishing the program but I needed a challenge and took this up.

I am very proud of myself for sticking with it and completing it in the 8 weeks as per my iPod download. It wasn't easy and, although there were many times I wanted to stop halfway and walk the rest, something in me just made me go on.

I love that I can jog/run for 30 minutes non-stop.

I love how it makes me feel.

I love getting on the treadmill after a long day at work and stepping off feeling much lighter.

If you don't believe you can jog/run for 30 minutes please try the C25K program. It is fantastic and can make a runner out of anyone willing to stick with it.

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And great motivation. Cheers to u :drinker:

I am also not a runner but starting week 1.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats and keep running!
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing the program. I bought the Jeff Galloway 10k app but only did two weeks.
  • ItsaNewDawn
    Options
    I am using the C25K app as well. I can run 30 mins straight and I am just now starting the 8th week. I am always pushing myself. I have never been a runner in the past, but I really love how I feel when I have completed the workout. I will be running my first 5K race on Saturday Nov 9th. Hope I have a success story to share as well!
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I myself just finished week 7 of c25k and it's an awesome feeling when you look back to week 1 where running for just 1 minute was difficult and now 30 min is nothing.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah, it's a great feeling. I really doubt I'm doing 3.1 miles but my goal was to be able to hang in there for 30 minutes. Now I will work on speed.

Running isn't easy for me. I have to think about where my feet land, belly breathing, posture, not craning my neck, etc. Form is important to me so I aimed to get the 30 minutes non-stop in and now I will work on the 3.1 miles. I got to 2.5, which isn't bad IMO.
  • ItsaNewDawn
    Options
    I finished my first 5K in 34:35! I was able to run the entire time which was my only goal for this particular race. I now have a goal of beating that time. I try to get a run in everyday, but end up resting 2 days a week. Cant wait to run my next race.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! Im starting tomorrow!:flowerforyou:
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great job! So glad that you like running. It is an awesome feeling! I started with Couch to 5k too. Once you realize that you can train to run even farther, there's nothing to stop you!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I finished 6 weeks ago and rolled into One Hour Runner. I'm on week 6 and will be running 42 minutes for my long run this week.

Isn't it crazy? You're running 30 minutes non stop!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!