Who has tried JM Body Revolution?

Options
I am thinking of putting Jillian michaels Body Revolution at the top of my Christmas list. I have done her 30 Day shred, ripped in 30 , extreme shed and shred, yoga meltdown, six week six pack and a couple of her others. I have especially lived the "shred" type series. I found them to be very do able and effective. I am currently re doing ripped in 30 because I got sloppy with my strength training. . . . I am having to build up again!

Anyway, have any of you done the body revolution? It sounds great. The only thing I worry about is flexibility. I like to run and in the past I have alternated her circuit training videos with running days. I am not sure I want to give up running, even for 90 days. Can you still work in running days, or do you have to follow a set schedule?

With the colder weather coming I might even be willing to leave out some running if I hear really great things about Revolution!

Replies

• ba502
    ba502 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've just finished 30 days of jmbr and I love it. I'm a runner too, so I try to get a run in (5k) once or twice a week on top of jmbr. Or you could swap out the cardio day and do a ru instead. For me the scale has been fluctuating like crazy,so not sure if I've actually lost weight, but I sure have lost a lot of inches. I'll be starting the 2nd. 30 day phase tomorrow .
  • louisetteN
    Options
    Hey! :-) I completed week 1 of JMBR and I'm starting week 2 today and I'm looking forward to it. The first workouts are very enjoyable and not hard at all, especially that you've done other JM workouts (i did 30ds and i loved it :) ). I can't tell you if it works or not, but I tend to believe that you do get results if you stick with it because I've seen some impressive before-and-after pictures on the internet.
    So I advice you to try it, I think you won't regret it
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 and absolutely loving it! There is a set schedule. It is as follows:

Mon: Workout 1
    Tues: Workout 2
    Wed: Cardio 1
    Thurs: Workout 1
    Fri: Workout 2
    Sat: Cardio 1
    Sun: Rest

If you want to keep running, I would suggest not doing Jillian's cardio DVD and doing your running on cardio days instead. A lot of people substitute her cardio DVD for other exercise (running, zumba, turbo fire, etc.) and still get great results!
  • kri1977
    kri1977 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am also thinking of starting this and was going to modify her schedule slightly

Mon: Rest
    Tues: Workout 1 (or Pilates Class)
    Wed: Cardio 1
    Thurs: Workout 2 (or Pilates Class)
    Fri: Rest
    Sat: Cardio 1 (or run 5km)
    Sun: Workout 1 or 2 depending what was missed

I need 2 days of rest because of life schedule and I want to keep up my pilates.

Any thoughts on the above?

Cheers,
    K
  • CKendell79
    CKendell79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. I thought I'd add my two cents here, lol. I love body revolution. I'm on phase 3 weeks 11 and12 right now. As others have said you can exchange the the cardio for your own. I do the c25k right before her work out video in the morning. On cardio days i only run! I started running right around week 6 of Jillian and now have added it into my daily routine. I'm definitely seeing results And others are saying so too :).
    My days look like this :
    Monday c25k week 5 day 1 plus JMBR w/o 11
    Tuesday c25k week 5 day 2 plus JMBR w/o 12
    Wednesday c25k week 5 day 3 only
    Thurs c25k week 5 day 1 plus JMBR w/o 11
    Friday c25k week 5 day 2 plus JMBR w/o 12
    Sat rest
    Sun rest optional but I try to do something different Pilates, yoga, Zumba or something :)

I added running for pounds lost and to restructure my breathing. I smoked for 20 years and quit 7.5 months ago. As a smoker you breath very shallow. I also did because Jillian has 3 cardio discs in this program and by the time I got to the 3rd I didn't like it. She likes jumping and I find it hard on my back and neck (post MVA) so running is better!
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I love love love JMBR and you could definitely add in running she has said her self feel free too add in extra cardio even on top of strength days or to the cardio days just do not add extra strength because she has a science to her muscle splits lol Love the program lost a lot of weight with it before I got pregnant and plan on losing the weight with it again come january!
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I had great results from JMBR! Take a look a t my profile pictures! I did Two rounds back to back and then insanity! I did running on top of the program, because of high cholesterol I wanted to get in at least an hour of working out so I did the video and on some days I added running or extra weights or elliptical or something. Even just a walk with my dog after helped.
  • mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I completed the Body Revelution last year and had so much fun with it! I love JM! It starts off very basic and always has modifications. By month three you are doing harder moves but again, there's always modifications.

I am currently on Les Mills Combat...have also completed Insanity and Focus T25. So here's what I can tell you...JM is great fun and you will see results. Insanity is really hard but damn, by the end of 60 days you will be in the best shape thought possible! Les Mills Combat is less intense than Insanity but more intense than JM...the music tho is soooo awesome and one of the reasons it's so easy to workout everyday!! And Focus T25 shows amazing results in just 25 minutes a day (creator of Insanity so you won't be disappointed!).

If you're interested in these other programs or joining one of my fitness support groups on Facebook...gimme a shout or send me a friend request on Facebook so we can connect more there. Hope I helped!

Tanya
    www.facebook.com/mizztanjo
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Got it for Christmas and I will start on Monday. I don't plan on following the diet, although I will use some reccommendations. I prefer MFP's approach to diet with calories in and out. Looking at the revolution plan, it looks to be under 1200 a day, and that is low, even for me (I am small and can lose at under 1400 if I am exercising). I really just wanted it for the comprehensive exercise plan.