Oatmeal

Options
What do you put in your oatmeal?

Replies

• onetxjewel
    onetxjewel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I"m wondering the same thing! When i was on college dance team our trainer told me I was only aloud to eat oatmeal but plain with no sugar or milk...only water! I've never had oatmeal since but am really wanted to get that to be my morning routine since everyone says it's super filling and good for you!!! :)
  • samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, one tbsp ground flax seed, 1/4 cup almond milk, cinnamon, and sugarfree maple syrup.....they call it power oatmeal, and it will get you MOVING!
  • Bungee_tyme
    Options
    A few crazins, Stevia and skim milk
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I just add a packet of splenda and a splash of skim milk and love it, but oatmeal is a very personal taste!
  • goldspaula
    Options
    I buy instant cinnamon oatmeal and only add hot water!! It's awesome and I recently learned that cinnamon, a favorite flavor of mine, is very good for you. When I was little my mom used to put carnation canned milk and cinnamon and sugar on my oatmeal. No wonder I have a weight problem! But it was so delish!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I make mine with soy or nonfat milk because I don't like the taste of it with water. I add a sliced banana or blueberries, sugar free jam and light brown sugar for added sweetness. So yummy!
  • mikeivb
    mikeivb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I used to put in Cinnamon, but now I just add a scoop of whey protein.
  • cnash81
    cnash81 Posts: 30
    Options
    I peel and dice a small apple and put it in with the oats prior to cooking to soften the apples some. Then after cooking add just a splash of skim milk, a pinch of brown sugar, and cinnamon. Everyone in my house loves it that way.
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I actually like it plain. Sometimes I put a little cream (YES, CREAM!) in it with agave nectar. I don't really like fruit or yogurt in my oatmeal. I also do like one brand of cinnamon apple instant oatmeal but it has less sugar than other brands, which is probably why I like it :).
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Stewed fruit - apple, rhubarb, pear - whatever I have available.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    cinnamon, banana, raisins or dates, a little brown sugar and vanilla soy milk
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    I normally buy the flavored instant oatmeals. They have weight control ones and low calorie ones.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    2 T flax seed meal
    2 tsp brown sugar
    1 T heavy cream
    1 T homemade jam (whichever is open, right now is raspberry plum)
    pinch of cinnamon

mmmmm I may have to have that om morning. I like the jam a lil mroe than fresh fruit b/c the flavor goes EVERYWHERE! lol
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I just add a packet of splenda and a splash of skim milk and love it, but oatmeal is a very personal taste!

Same here, splenda, NNF milk some fruit: bluberries, strawberries or bananas if available if not sometimes granola.
    :wink:
  • OceanBlue80
    Options
    I make it with skim milk (I won't eat it if it's made with water....tastes gross to me no matter what I add to it to doctor it up). Then I add a little bit of honey, some cinnamon, and slices of banana.
  • rebekka7655
    Options
    Soy milk and a tiny bit of honey - I use the weightwise one which has protein in and keeps you fuller for longer!
  • ksnurse25
    ksnurse25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I put light yogurt in my plain oatmeal. You can use whatever yogurt you please and have quite the variety. Very, very yummy!!!!
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating oatmeal porridge just with milk (the traditional Scottish way). I used to get a lot of grief from my family if I tried adding sugar or golden syrup to it). Now I add fresh fruit and either plain yogurt , milk or fat free half and half. If I have no fruit, frozen berries or unsweetened apple sauce work too.

I also enjoy soaked oats with yogurt, fresh or dried fruit and nuts - a sort of home made Bircher Meusli.
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    My husband and I cook it with water, add Splenda and pumkin (spiced like pumpkin pie).:love:
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    1/4 - 1/2 cup of Blueberries
    1tbsp of Raw Honey or Organic Agave

no butter or milk

may have small glass of milk on the side for drinking