Spicy Carrot and Lentil Soup

Options

Replies

• LyndaMRou
    LyndaMRou Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oooh, looks good! Can you post the link so we can get the nutritional info?

Oops, nevermind, I see it above in the tread!
  • suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later! Thanx for sharing, sounds fab!
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, going to make it tomorrow for lunch.:smile:
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Have got to try this one
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It should be on the MFP database but here is a screen shot of all the nutrition if you need it

nutrisoup.jpg
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi - Just pointing out that the lentil quantity in your recipe looks like 55g cooked weight of lentils, not 55g dry weight (which is what you used in your recipe).
    There is Tesco Red Split Lentils (Uncooked) from Tesco in the database, you should use 55g of that instead.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    tagging for laters. I've been wanting to try lentils
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just made this for lunch and it was yummy. My servings came out to 75 calories each. I used only 1 teaspoon of oil and 55 grams of dry red lentils totalled 157 calories plus the addition of a left over half of a sweet potato. Thanks again.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I have it all in my pantry for tomorrow!
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bumping to save for later.
  • Raylotekka
    Raylotekka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This looks to be a tasty recipe! To the OP, have you ever prepared this without doing the blending bit at the end? It looks like it would be just as good, just more textured, sans blending. Does blending it make it like dal?
  • anamykinns
    Options
    Bump
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Malaylah
    Options
    bump for later
  • echoesmyron
    echoesmyron Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!
  • onsugarhill
    onsugarhill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • goal150ish
    Options
    Bump
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    OMG BUMP this sound SOO GOOD! Do you thin you could blend it in like a regular blender? I dont have the other kind

I haven't read all the posts to see if anyone has responded, but normally when you use a regular blender for soup you need to blend it in several batches (you probably don't want to fill the blender more than a third to half full), and you take the knob out of the top if it comes out and hold a dish towel over the hole (lets the heat escape without making a mess). I find this idea a little odd for lentil soup; I don't think the lentils would puree very well, and I'm not sure why you would want them to. Seems like it would be simpler just to overcook them, because lentils will generally break down into mush if cooked long enough. I'm in the U.S. and I know sometimes cooking terminology doesn't translate directly among the different English-speaking countries. I'm wondering if "hand blender" in the U.K. is what we would call a hand mixer in the U.S. -- used to beat eggs, whip cream, and mix cake batter for at least 50 years -- as opposed to what we call an immersion blender, a relatively new hand-held appliance in the last decade or so that can be used to puree soups in the pot. If it's more like a hand mixer, I'd recommend using a rotary egg beater or a whisk if you don't have a hand mixer, instead of transferring the soup to a regular blender.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    M4l - this sounds tasty!
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    BUMP:flowerforyou: