a testimonial for clean eating.....

Options
So I just have to say that I have been clean eating for several months, rarely slipping up. Today I opted to go to Burger King with friends and went with a whopper no mayo, no cheese a side salad with lite italian dressing and ice tea instead of my normal grilled chicken salad with my own dressing. To be honest the whopper wasn't all that great and now 3 hours later I feel like CRAP!!!!! Headache, drowsiness and I'm hungry!!! I'm never hungry in the middle of the afternoon when I stay with my normal habits. I normally eat 5 or 6 300ish cal meals a day usually consisting of fresh fruit, veggies, lean protein and dairy. This just confirms for myself that clean eating makes me feels so much better and to keep looking at food as fuel not a treat!!!!

Replies

• chichi1967
    Options
    My husband & I used to go out & eat all the time. Since august when we started mfp we rarely go out to eat. Lately everytime we do it's run right thru us. We just cannot eat those foods anymore. It's amazing how your body adjusts to good food & gets rid of the old

Lynda
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Yep, thats what happened to me too. After being vegan, no going back!!!!!!!!!!
  • SonyaVelonis
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. I eat clean probably 90% of the time and the 10% I don't, I can always tell right away b/c I feel awful (bloated, upset stomach). I believe it's the way we are supposed to eat.
  • Annista
    Annista Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely! My husband I onlly have 4 restraunts that we will go to in our area because they don't make us feel ill. I can not eat fast food at all because it goes right through me. My kids can even tell the difference!!! Eating clean is the only way to treat your body right.
  • katerinab
    katerinab Posts: 107
    Options
    I ate a big brownie the other day 'cause it was the end of the day, I had a lot of calories left, and it had been a long time since I had had such a good treat. Immediately after eating it, I got a stomach ache because I'm not used to chocolate and sugar in large quantities anymore. Then later on, I got heartburn from the darn thing. Some treat that was!

Next evening for a late evening snack, I had a big container of fresh watermelon. Much happier stomach!