Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

6 lbs down but cant seem to drop more

Ive been eating clean for 2 months now. I lost 6 lbs the first month but the
Last two weeks i cant seem to get past 152. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Well first realize that you may not lose every week. Sometimes when I was losing I wouldn't drop any pounds for 2-3 weeks and then I'd drop 5 lbs all at once.

Aside from that-- are you logging everything? Even sauces and condiments? Are you entering your own recipes? Do you use a food scale for all foods and measuring cups/spoons for free-pouring liquids?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Eating clean doesn't mean you'll lose weight. You need to maintain a deficit. It doesn't matter what you eat, it's how much you eat.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    What's your caloric goal? How much do u exercise? How tall are you? For any diseases that would halt weight loss?
  • Yes, my ratios have been 50,30,20 and i do measure.
    I weight train 3 days a week with cardio 6 dauys a week.
    Maybe i just neef to be more patient.
  • Caloric i ntake 1200 cal daily. i log everyday.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    I'm not at 152 yet, but the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it will be to drop the weight. So, you need to make drastic changes. What works for me when I'm determined to drop: eat tons of salads & veggies (bunny food), upping my potassium, sweat more (about 1000 calories/day), & make sure I drink more than half my body weight in oz for water (fat cells hate water when hydrated). Also I dropped my starting calories to under 1200 to equal 2 lbs/week under goals. After playing with the numbers over the summer, I was only losing a lb a month @ 1200 calories a month even though my goal was 2 lbs/week lost, but when I lowered it to equal my goal of 2 lbs/week, the scale definitely dropped more!!! To eat more, I have to workout more. I also dropped my level of activity to sedentary, even though I'm not that at all.

Play with the numbers, weigh yourself daily, to see what works for you & make sure you are on track with what you are eating.

Add me if you'd like! :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Also I agree with Mokey41 re: eating clean-- it does not matter for weight loss.

Are you using a scale or just measuring cups?
  • Scale and cups and spoons:)
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    are you eating back at least some of your exercise calories? At 1200, if you don't eat back your exercise calories you may be too low.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Caloric i ntake 1200 cal daily. i log everyday.

Water retention will definitely affect your weight loss.. but I also wonder why you eat so little. You are exercising a lot and not feeding your body. How tall are you?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    With 20 lbs to go I'd recommend reading the links posted above by cmriverside and then resetting MFP to lose 1 lb per week. Eat back at least half of your exercise calories.

And be patient. :flowerforyou:
  • 5'7
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I would suggest fueling your body a bit more. Based on your stats, a goal of 1800 is a bit more realistic. I like macro's around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. This allows you to hit around 1g of protein and .35g of fat per lb of lbm. It may be suggested of adding 200 calories a week until you hit that goal to minimize the amount of water weight you gain. Give that a month and see how things go.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Maybe i just neef to be more patient.

It is a virtue...

you didn't put weight on overnight...why do you expect to drop it overnight?
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Ive been eating clean for 2 months now. I lost 6 lbs the first month but the
    Last two weeks i cant seem to get past 152. Any suggestions?
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Scale and cups and spoons:)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Caloric i ntake 1200 cal daily. i log everyday.
    :cry:
    may want to recalculate your TDEE
    that is pretty much your BMR

but something tells me you may be doing binge days and could be wiping out a weeks worth of deficit
  • Joanne_Moniz
    took a look at your diary... there is something that you need to be tracking that you are not and will get you where you want to be
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    I just looked at your diary also
    I would encourage more veggies
    also some fruit would do u well

maybe also try more whole foods (chicken, fish, beef, etc..)