Eating late in the evening?

Options
I finish work at 6pm Mon-Fri, it takes me around an hour to drive home so I drop by the gym before that. So will get to the gym for 7, work out until 8. After I'm changed and driven back it's 8:30.

Therefore I'm eating dinner quite late and thinking this can't be helping weight loss.

Does this matter?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    meal timing is irrelevant. I eat dinner every night around 8:30 - 9 PM and have easily lost 40 Lbs doing so. You burn so many calories (energy) per day just being alive plus your general activity, exercise, etc....just from a common sense standpoint, why would it make one bit of difference when you consumed that energy.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If you are within your calorie goals, nope,
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I choose to exercise after work so by the time I'm done, it's around 9:30pm and then dinner at 10 plus. An hour later, I go to bed.
  • picklefishlips
    Options
    As long as you are active and are not sleeping after meals you will not gain theoretically.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    As long as you are active and are not sleeping after meals you will not gain theoretically.
    If you are in overall calorie deficit, you will not gain even if you eat and go to sleep immediately! lol