Ahhh where do I start

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Jamie and I am needing and wanting to start living a healthier lifestyle. I need to lose around 100 lbs and am wanting to take it nice and slow. I have done every diet you can think of and of course I would like an easy fix to my mess but we all know that isn't possible. I am looking for great advice, mutual support and people who are wanting the same thing. I will be starting Monday and am ready to work on getting a new much healthier me. So if any of you are looking for the same thing or have some encouraging words to this newbie I am all ears....Thanks again

Replies

• angelzprophecy
    Options
    start with taking a fasted walk for an hour in the mornings. i would say, do this for 1 - 3months before even considering doing any crazy workout routine/program
  • picklefishlips
    Options
    Wish you well! I just started two days ago.
  • cjbaird2
    cjbaird2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great idea thank you. I was going to start doing daily walks and 30 day shred.
  • Krav_Maga
    Krav_Maga Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I just started two days ago with this program and so far I'm very happy with it. Feel free to add me as a friend. I agree on the take it slow and steady. That is how I hurt myself a lot is over doing my excercises. I've noticed personally that it appears a lot of diet for weight loss for me. I've turned around completely from eating out almost every meal to cooking at home consistently. Good luck and have fun on your journey!
  • dragonfly123321
    dragonfly123321 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would start with a couple of things like increase how much water you drink , try to reduce processed foods and a few nights a week try to add 2 vegetables at night with your diner instead of rice or potato.
  • liamfnb1
    liamfnb1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is Day 7 for me and with a long, long way to go getting started is the main thing. Yesterday morning I got off my **** and went for an hour walk rather than lying in bed. I know everyone says "eat less and move more" but it's tough.
    Anyway, had my first weigh-in this morning and I'm now a very happy bloke going into work :)
    I've removed processed food and have cooked for myself every night (which I love doing anyway) and have managed some sort of exercise on 5 days (even if it's just a 30 minute stroll).
    I'm hoping I'm in for the long run but then again I've said this many times.