control the binge

Options
Help! title says all. i have a hard time mainly on weekends controlling the binge eating. i dont want to continue to be a self sabotage

Replies

• JustMeee333
    Options
    I hear you!!! Weekends are the WORST for me, so sorry I can't offer much advice. Hope someone can. :flowerforyou:
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If i start eating and can't stop even when am full i'll give it to my flatmates or our neighbour's cats. Otherwise I know i'd regret later...but sometimes i just can't...:(
  • kokonutkaitlyn
    Options
    If i start eating and can't stop even when am full i'll give it to my flatmates or our neighbour's cats. Otherwise I know i'd regret later...but sometimes i just can't...:(

yes! thats pretty much what i do, i have three dogs, so if i know im out of control and cant stop myself i throw them the food before i stuff it all down lol.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Portion control. And, make sure you are getting enough calories in general so you don't go on a binge.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Pre-log our meals on MFP for the day.
  • michellelandis33
    Options
    okay so say you want a big piece of cake....drink a big glass of water and wait 5 minutes., still want it...now eat 10 small carrots and wait 5 minutes..still well then wait another 10 minutes and then take the cake slice and only eat 1/2 of it. and with each bite put the fork down and ask yourself are you full yet? do you want or need the next bite...? are you feeling guilty? no..go ahead and have another...but the other 1/2 slice..you cannot eat it for 2 more days....or walked 3 miles. That's what I do...think first. and definitely log it in your food journal. I allow myself anything...just in reasonable amounts.
  • blackhawks25
    blackhawks25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have such a huge issue with binge eating. The only way it stopped for me was my migraine medication happened to have "appetite suppression" as a side effect. Ugh. :(
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    Sleep all day. No more munchies! I binge most with alcohol... which I solve by not going out and having a social life. I hope scientists make a pill someday that shuts off hunger.. Until then, can't help you.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    okay so say you want a big piece of cake....drink a big glass of water and wait 5 minutes., still want it...now eat 10 small carrots and wait 5 minutes..still well then wait another 10 minutes and then take the cake slice and only eat 1/2 of it. and with each bite put the fork down and ask yourself are you full yet? do you want or need the next bite...? are you feeling guilty? no..go ahead and have another...but the other 1/2 slice..you cannot eat it for 2 more days....or walked 3 miles. That's what I do...think first. and definitely log it in your food journal. I allow myself anything...just in reasonable amounts.

Haha, yeah, I always chug water to control binging xD
  • JenzL13
    Options
    Follow.... Monday 6am until Friday 5pm Im perfect. Then comes 5pm Friday, its like something clicks in my brain and my way to relax/enjoy the weekend is through junk food. Undoes all my great work throughout the week :(
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Options
    that sounds familiar
  • picklefishlips
    Options
    Portion control. And, make sure you are getting enough calories in general so you don't go on a binge.

True that! I recently learned that. I am trying to portion meals better now.